Ouch! SD card vs Octoprint - what a difference. Help?

I am printing at 50 mm/s. I upped the buffer to 32 and cylinders still pause and glob during the print.

Cura on left and Prusa on right. Both going through octopi.

Edit: Included Gcode for bothCura Cyl.gcode (1.0 MB) Prusa Cyl.gcode (591.2 KB)

1 Like

Finally fixed my issue with a few things. #1 was a complete clean reinstall of octoprint

#2 was updating some firmware settings

Configuration.h

#define BAUDRATE 250000

Configuration_adv.h

#if ENABLED(SDSUPPORT)
  #define BLOCK_BUFFER_SIZE 64 // SD,LCD,Buttons take more memory, block buffer needs to be smaller
#else
  #define BLOCK_BUFFER_SIZE 64 // maximize block buffer
#endif

#define MAX_CMD_SIZE 96
#define BUFSIZE 32

#define DEFAULT_MINSEGMENTTIME 50000
1 Like

Did you get the "Low memory, may become unstable" warning setting the buffers at 64? I did but I might try it anyway.

I have another idea: maybe the Raspberry Pi suffers from voltage drops. Maybe try upgrading the RPi power supply.

2 Likes

Have you guys checked what CPU "profile" your Pi is using? I've had issues in the past with stuff like this but in a completely different application where if I was under-utilising the pi it would reduce cpu power consumption and cock up.

Just an update. I'm currently running Octoprint on a Rpi4 which solves the problem exactly as running Octoprint on an Intel or AMD computer. Never found a solution to this when on slower Raspberries and this printer board. Quite confident it's a buffer under run issue.