password change after updating

What is the problem

Hi – yes I am very new at octoprint and I haven’t got my 3d printer yet (on a very slow train from china) but I have installed octopi on a raspberry pi 4B 2GB via my ipad and all went well until the system asked me to update the software which it successfully did however when it rebooted it would not accept my user name or password – this is not once but several times (reinstalling the software on the SD card) any ideas?

I can connect my windows 10 pc via wifi to the octoprint but only via the ip address, I assume this is down to the need to install a 3d printer bonjour printer wizard to work and sort out the issue

Regards,
IanG

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Which password dialog is not accepting your password? Is it this one:
or the one for SSH like this?

1 Like

it is the top one, however I did manage to get the update completed and on reboot managed to login again however after shutting down the computer and starting again the next day I found the pi had failed (only showing a solid red led) regardless of the SD card being in or out and on installing the boot repair SD card it has still stayed dead, Im waiting to hear from the pihut