Persisting communication error

What is the problem?

Communication error

The printer is disconnecting in the middle of a print. This mostly happend in the evening yet. After this happens it keeps disconnecting after 1-2 minutes when I reconnect and on the next morning it works normally again.

I get this error:
"There was a communication error while talking to your printer. Please consult the terminal output and octoprint.log for details. Error: Too many consecutive timeouts, printer still connected and alive?"

What did you already try to solve it?

I reflashed the firmware, I added ferrit beads to both ends of the data cable, I put tape on the power line of the Usb-cable and I tried another Usb cable.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20220320192803.zip (39.0 KB)

Additional information about your setup

Octoprint Version 1.7.3
Ender 3v2
Marlin bugfix-JyersUI v2.0.1 firmware
Raspberry pi4, rasbian os lite

Does anyone has an idea what else I could do?

Hello,

did you search the archives of this forum already? There are countless threads for communication error - ender 3 v2.

There might be a source of electromagnetic fields close to the printer, a fridge or air-con or fluorescand bulb. Some folks found the cable going to the printer's display was responible, etc.
Worth reading a few of those posts and compare with your experiences

1 Like

Thanks for your answer but I tried a lot of different things. I just bought some ferrit clip on beads and attached them everywhere but I don't know why the printer disconnects everyday arround 6pm ... moving it to another space is not really an option.

Is there something on a timer that turns on around that time? If it is repeatable, there may be an electrical interference issue or something - maybe heating/AC starts up or some other large electrical appliance nearby?

I live in a flat and it stands in a small storage room. I think it might be something from my neighbor that turns on at that time ... Is that possible?

I wouldn't rule that out.
You could test for it by putting the printer several meters away from that spot.

To eliminate EMI caused by the electrical power input, you could try a surge protector plug strip or a UPS. If its airborne EMI, then moving the printer could help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.