Pi cam no longer streaming

Camera model
pi cam v1

What is the problem?
cam no longer streaming

What did you already try to solve it?
replaced with a new pi cam v1 thinking it may be the camera.
checked webcamd.log
vcgencmd get_camera

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
webcamd.log:

Starting up webcamDaemon...

--- Configuration: ----------------------------
cfg_file: /boot/octopi.txt
camera: auto
usb options: -r 640x480 -f 10
raspi options: -fps 10
http options: -w ./www-octopi -n --listen 127.0.0.1

Explicitly USB device:

Found video devices: // when it used to work, it found /dev/video0
/dev/video10
/dev/video11
/dev/video12
/dev/video13
/dev/video14
/dev/video15
/dev/video16
// raspi no longer showen in this line
config file='/boot/octopi.txt':USB device was not set in options, start MJPG-streamer with the first found video device: /dev/video10 // used to be /dev/video0
/root/bin/webcamd: line 184: printf: 0x: invalid hex number // these 2 lines not
/root/bin/webcamd: line 184: printf: 0x: invalid hex number // present in working log
<13>Feb 2 09:39:59 root: Starting USB webcam // last working log Jan 29 16:41:34
Checking for VL805 (Raspberry Pi 4)...

• It seems that you don't have VL805 (Raspberry Pi 4). // this line always, using pi3b+
    There should be no problems with USB (a.k.a. select() timeout)
    Running ./mjpg_streamer -o output_http.so -w ./www-octopi -n --listen 127.0.0.1 -i input_uvc.so -r 640x480 -f 10 -d /dev/video10 // was dev/video0
    MJPG Streamer Version: git rev: 5554f42c352ecfa7edaec6fc51e507afce605a34
    i: Using V4L2 device.: /dev/video10 // was dev/video0
    i: Desired Resolution: 640 x 480
    i: Frames Per Second.: 10
    i: Format............: JPEG
    i: TV-Norm...........: DEFAULT
    Error opening device /dev/video10: video capture not supported. // working log different from here.
    Init v4L2 failed !! exit fatal
    i: init_VideoIn failed

working log did display instead of error:

UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Pan (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Tilt (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Pan Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Pan/tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Focus (absolute): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Pan (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Tilt (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Pan Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Pan/tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Focus (absolute): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at LED1 Mode: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at LED1 Frequency: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Disable video processing: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Raw bits per pixel: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
o: www-folder-path......: ./www-octopi/
o: HTTP TCP port........: 8080
o: HTTP Listen Address..: 127.0.0.1
o: username:password....: disabled // Octopi password has been set
o: commands.............: disabled
Done bring up all configured video device

Goodbye...

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)
OctoPrint 1.8.6
Python 37.3
Octopi 0.18.0
Octoeverywhere 1.11.1

Hi folks,

Hope you can help.. Ive suddenly lost all streaming capability.. Viewing webcamd.log, it seems is no longer picking up the camera as dev/video0, but dev/video10 and with this - throwing errors.

Checking the logs and comparing the last time it was working (29 jan 2023), I have highlighted changes as bold comments. typing "vcgencmd get_camera" returns:

supported=1 detected=0

So, for some reason my pi cam is supported (dev/video0?), but no longer detected.. Though I have used Linux before, Im certainly not a guru..

Any help would be appreciated, as Im not that comfortable running the printer without the camera to keep an eye on it, rendering my printer useless unless Im sat on top of it for several hours - which just isnt practical either..

Kind regards and thanks in advance for any help given..

Just to be certain, i swapped ribbons in case it was an hardware issue with a broken track (dont see how though). Still no joy with the new ribbon..

detected=0 means the camera isn't found, so messing with config files and the like isn't going to help. At that point it's a hardware issue.

Be sure that you've connected the ribbon cables the correct way, they only work in one direction. The exposed leads need to be facing the proper way.

Also, if your camera sensor is connected via a small cable to the camera board, make sure that smaller ribbon cable is also seated well. These can come loose during shipping and even by just moving the camera around:

I even tried this solution of editing octopi.txt - not with any sucess..

Thanks for your reply TTalkington. The ribbon has blue markers to indicate direction. At the cam end the blue is pointing away from the rear of the module and on the pi the blue points towards the usb ports. Checking this, it appears im correct there..

As for the small connection at the front, ill take the housing apart and check the module.

Ive double checked the small ribbon on the front of the cam and that seems seated properly too..

Besides both the shipped one and the one that was originally working cant have come loose in shipping. The original fit had been working for 2yrs..

Thanks for trying anyways.. any help at this point is appreciated.

I could try downloading a fresh octoprint image, rather than relying on the updates, but as i said it was working and downloading the images requires me to download at a location away from home (in a town or city) as rural broadband is very poor here..