Pi Camera Failing after working for a while

Camera model
AuviPal 5 Megapixels Raspberry Pi Camera Module 1080p OV5647 Sensor

What is the problem?
When I first power on OctoPi the camera works fine. After I start to print, within 'about' 5 minutes, the video is replaced with a black screen stating:
Webcam stream not loaded

Clicking on the screen generates:
It might not be configured correctly or require authentication. You can change the URL of the stream under "Settings" > "Webcam & Timelapse" > "Webcam" > "Stream URL". If you don't have a webcam you can also just disable webcam support there.

Currently configured stream URL: /webcam/?action=stream

What did you already try to solve it?
Read several posts, replied to someone else's post which i learned isn't appreciated, so I opened this one. I've reseated both ends of the cable, and uninstalled the gui that was previously installed.
I've restarted the webcam service.
When I restart the service while not printing, it appears to hang (at the cli)
When not printing, it restarts.
When I issue:
sudo raspivid -v -o testvideo.h264 -t 5000
while NOT printing, I get a few seconds of video. Same thing when I issue for a still frame.
WHEN printing, these commands hang.
If I try to issue a restart WHILE printing:
sudo service webcamd status:
I get this:

pi@octopi:~ $ sudo service webcamd status

• webcamd.service - the OctoPi webcam daemon with the user specified config
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/webcamd.service; enabled; vendor preset:
    Active: deactivating (final-sigkill) (Result: timeout) since Thu 2020-07-09 2
    Process: 1786 ExecStart=/root/bin/webcamd (code=killed, signal=KILL)
    Tasks: 11 (limit: 3911)
    Memory: 1.0M
    CGroup: /system.slice/webcamd.service
    |-1574 [vcgencmd]
    |-1599 [vcgencmd]
    |-1620 [vcgencmd]
    |-1711 [vcgencmd]
    `-1790 [vcgencmd]

Jul 09 22:57:11 octopi systemd[1]: webcamd.service: Killing process 1620 (vcgenc
Jul 09 22:57:11 octopi systemd[1]: webcamd.service: Killing process 1711 (vcgenc
Jul 09 22:57:11 octopi systemd[1]: webcamd.service: Killing process 1790 (vcgenc
Jul 09 22:57:11 octopi systemd[1]: webcamd.service: Control process exited, code
Jul 09 22:58:41 octopi systemd[1]: webcamd.service: State 'stop-final-sigterm' t
Jul 09 22:58:41 octopi systemd[1]: webcamd.service: Killing process 1574 (vcgenc
Jul 09 22:58:41 octopi systemd[1]: webcamd.service: Killing process 1599 (vcgenc
Jul 09 22:58:41 octopi systemd[1]: webcamd.service: Killing process 1620 (vcgenc
Jul 09 22:58:41 octopi systemd[1]: webcamd.service: Killing process 1711 (vcgenc
Jul 09 22:58:41 octopi systemd[1]: webcamd.service: Killing process 1790 (vcgenc
pi@octopi:~ $

Attempting to restart WHILE printing, hangs.

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
There are NO /var/log/webcamd.log files.(Also not on the drive anywhere, not just under /var/log according to updatedb/locate webcamd.log)
dmesg does render a plethora of possibly useful stuff. I've zipped dmesg_from_pi4.zip (4.6 KB) and uploaded here.

**Additional information about your setup** (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)
OctoPrint is: **Version 1.4.0**
OctoPi is: About OctoPi
The ready-to-go Raspberry Pi image with OctoPrint
**Version 0.17.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1**
The camera is attached via a ribbon cable.
Video goes out to a 5 inch LCD Touch screen connected via ribbon cable.
Mouse and Keyboard are Logitech attached with a single unifying receiver plugged into a USB port.
Power is the wall wart that came with the Pi4b connected via USB C power port.
Ender 3 Pro is connected via USB to the USB port on the Raspberry Pi.
I can hit the OctoPrint page via octopi.local .

The Pi4 hardware is slightly different than the previous Pi's and some of the video/camera drivers in Raspbian/RaspberryPiOS are not 100% functional.