Please walk me though PI4 USB to MK3s

Moving from a Pizero that was connecting through EINSY to PI4 8GB via USB

What is the problem?
In Octoprint when I press connect it give me this error on web:
State : Offline (Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.)

In Terminal :

Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Detecting serial connection"
Performing autodetection with 0 port/baudrate candidates:
Changing monitoring state from "Detecting serial connection" to "Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected."
Changing monitoring state from "Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected." to "Offline (Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.)"

What did you already try to solve it?
On the prusa I went to setting and turned off the RPI setting

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, what kind of hardware precisely, ...)
Octoprint 1.4.2
Octopi 0.18.1-64bit -beta
RPI 4 B - R 1.4
Prusa MK3s - firmware 3.9.1-3518

Hi @dbsargent,

I think you need to try an other USB cable. Apparently, your Pi doesn't see the printer. Chances are that you are using a "charge only" USB cable. You need to find a "DATA USB cable", the kind of one which has the four inside cable connected.

K.

1 Like

Thanks foosel & koreth :crazy_face:

Level 1 problem..... it was the cable. purchased a new one from amazon and it worked right away,

(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P0FO1P0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )

1 Like