Poor Print Quality MP Mini Delta Octoprint vs SD Card

Thanks! I guess reading is fundamental! :grin:
I think rather than downgrade, Iโ€™m going to try and set up a new instance on a new microSD. That way I don't lose my current state. I'll poke around and see if Guy Sheffer maintains an archive of old octopi images.

I did notice that my monoprice mini is connected at 250000 and the makergear is connected at 115000. Perhaps this lends credence to the idea that it is a serial bandwidth issue? Unfortunately, I canโ€™t change the makergear baud rate without a recompile and update of the firmware.

The problem is only visible when printing many small curves. Flat surfaces don't have gcode data large enough to bottleneck the serial connection.Try printing this in vase mode, and the problem can easily be demonstrated. /https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2645563

I've already modified TH3D firmware, and increased the baud rate of Ender 3 to 250k, BLOCK_BUFFER_SIZE to 64, BUFSIZE to 32, DEFAULT_MINSEGMENTTIME to 50000. Still unable to improve the print quality to the same level as SD card.

Update: A rebuild of Octoprint largely fixed the problem. However, the older Octoprint, with all the plugins removed, still couldn't produce the same quality as SD card. Having to rebuild Octoprint every now and then is not a real solution.