Potential issue with Pi Camera and HDMI Extension on 0.15.1

What is the problem?
I am unable to get a video stream using a Raspberry Pi 3 with Octopi 0.15.1 and an Arducam HDMI extender module.

What did you already try to solve it?
When the camera is connected directly to the Pi 3 with Octopi 0.15.1 via ribbon cable, it works fine.
When the camera is connected through the Arducam extension, it shows a power light on the camera, but will not provide any video stream through Octopi 0.15.1.
I have verified all cabling to be sound and connected properly.
I have also swapped out for known working hdmi and ribbon cables.
I have also completed a fresh install of 0.15.1 just to rule that out and had the same issue.
I have a version of Octopi 0.14.0 running on a separate Pi 3. I was able to connect the Pi Camera and HDMI extension module to it and it would recognize it and stream video immediately without issue. This leads me to believe that something in 0.15 has caused an issue with supporting this HDMI module.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

Try a current stock Raspbian. OctoPi 0.15 is basically "stock Raspbian + OctoPrint + webcam server". There's no custom kernel or anything like this that should interfere with basic things like pi cam support, so my money would be on this being caused by something that changed in Raspbian between the base image used for OctoPi 0.14 and the one used for 0.15, not OctoPi.

I have a Very Very similar situation, Camera works fine with Ribbon Cable, 5M long*) but only says "Video Stream Not Loading" HDMI, 5M, extension cable

Ribbon cable video signal breaks up if indark, infrared.

I have noticed, on my camera it has two infrared led's these light up if the ribbon cable is used but not if the HDMI extension cable is used, suggestion no power is getting over the HDMI extension

The voltage drop on a five-meter ribbon cable would likely keep it from working properly, I'd guess.

If Adafruit is selling two meters as their longest ribbon cable then you can bet that the founder of the company (LadyADA) knows why.

I use 5 Meter Ribbon cable which works when LED light up my printer but has very, very poor video quality when in the dark.

Pi Camera HDMI Cable Extension Unit do not work for me "Video Stream Not Loading"

Tindie Order #157471 July 9, 2019, 6:46 a.m.

Pi Camera HDMI Cable Extension Unit Price: $14.95 Quantity: 1

NOTE with, ribbon cable which works, my Infrared Led's Light but with the extension they do not light Implying no power to the Camera:-

5MP Kamera Modul 72° IR Schnitt Nachtsicht LED Fülllicht für Himbeer-Pi B 3/2

Cable used:

PREMIUM HDMI Cable v2.0 HD High Speed 4K 2160p 3D Lead 1m/2m/3m/4m/5m/7m/10m [5 Metre]