Print stopping at random points

What is the problem?

Having problems with the print stopping at random points. If I look at the terminal it appears as if GCODE has stopped being sent to the printer. Happens most consistently when performing bed levelling, after which the print will stop, but has happened mid print as well.

Was working fine, then I had this problem which stopped after i updated firmware on the printer, but suddenly it's come back again.

What did you already try to solve it?

Tried shorter and longer prints
Tried different SD card and reinstalled from scratch
Tried with an without bed levelling
Tried increasing the timeout values, and monitoring the serial output

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

(upload://ynKuzGZRLg0GGjgdEtYJyohrpgB.log) [octoprint.log (606.5 KB)|attachment]

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, ...)

Prusa I3 Mk 2.5 Firmware 3.7.1
hardware:
| cores: 4
| freq: 1200.0
| ram: 917016576
| os:
| id: linux
| platform: linux2
| plugins:
| pi_support:
| model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
| octopi_version: 0.16.0
| python:
| pip: 19.0.1
| version: 2.7.13
| virtualenv: /home/pi/oprint

Whatever you tried to do to upload your log, that didn't work.

Begin with the Raspberry's power adapter (5V 2.5A) and the serial cable (internally-shield or with ferrite core and the ends should fit snuggly).

Run vcgencmd get_throttled which should result in 0x0 rather than something else. Throttling in half the cases is voltage-related.

This could be due to the firmware's receive buffer filling up (too many small segments in curves due to slicing options). Issue 2799

If you're using the PrintTimeGenius plugin, then disable its option: "Allow analysis while printing".

You might consider disabling checksums in OctoPrint for a test.

My guess would also be the usb cable.
If you got another one try it :slight_smile:
Did octoprint show an error or did the print just stop?

Also, as Guru said, try to upload your log again :slight_smile:

Most important in this case: the serial.log

1 Like

Ok - i've waded through the logs and there are some warnings intermittently about low power. I'll be replacing the PSU for the pi.

I've also enabled the serial logging.

Once the PSU arrives i'll run a few test prints and report back, but it would appear to be a good candidate.

Thanks