Printer communication on Octoprint on Windows

Hello Everyone,

I'm working on running octoprint on windows with RPi 4B.

After lauching the software It can recognize the printers although I can recognize it on application manager (windows) and connect the printer via slicer.

Is there anything that must be adjusted on the code or configurations in my case?

Thanks a lot for the help

I'm confused. Running OctoPrint on Windows is one configuration. Running OctoPrint on an RPi 4B is another configuration. What does "octoprint on windows with RPi 4B" mean?

Most installations of OctoPrint on a RPi 4B are created by installing OctoPi which is Raspberry Pi OS Lite with OctoPrint and a few other utilities already installed.

For Windows, OctoPrint-WindowsInstaller is a Windows installation wizard for OctoPrint.

We can probably answer your question about adjustments or configuration better if we understand exactly what your current configuration is.

1 Like

I assume the OP runs Windows on the Pi and then OctoPrint on the Windows.

@CRPA3

As long you have the slicer open (I assume Cura) you cant reach the printer by OctoPrint.
Cura blocks the USB port. You have to close Cura first.

BTW windows on a pi runs better than you would expect

It's usable. Just no hardware acceleration afaik

1 Like

That's correct!

I'm running octoprint on windows with a Rpi 4B.

USB works fine with all windows application, although octoprint doesn't recoginize printer on USB port. Cura and Slicer are not being used simultaneously

I assume it is some code related issue regarding the variable for usb ports on linux and windows, but can't work it out

@Ewald_Ikemann @b-morgan

Ok, so you said it's recognized by windows and is listed in device manager as a new com port? If that is the case then make sure you are selecting that port in the connection panel of OctoPrint. Also, make sure you have Cura closed when attempting, it will lock up the connection to the printer if it sees it unless you delete the USB Printing plugin (or something like that).

2 Likes

This thread was also created in the 'Development' section rather than 'Get help' - so the request for a systeminfo bundle was missed. It might be useful to share the bundle here as it will contain useful information about the connection attempts.

I moved it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.