Printer does micro-pauses

What is the problem?

Octoprint sometimes print "slowly". I'm not sure if it's an issue with Octoprint, but what happens is that the printing process does some sort of micro pauses randomly and this enormously slows the printing and generates a lot of printing issues. Here's a video

do you note all of the micro pauses that does?

OP runs on raspberry pi 3b+ which has a thermal sink and a fan, SOC temperature never goes above 68 (when Pi elaborates the gcode) and 58 (when running the print)

This happens "randomly" not necessarily on complex prints, it just happens to happen sometimes.

What did you already try to solve it?

Often restarting the Raspberry solves the issue. But this time, I cannot

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

Additional information about your setup

Latest version of octo, ender 3s1 on professional firmware.

Uhm. Tested with Safe mode and everything seems now fine, no micropauses. So the process would be to enable one plugin at a time to check what is wrong? I will have to print a LOT of stuff...is there any other method?

You can use a binary search instead of one at a time to find the offending plugin. Disable half of your plugins and run the experiment. If it fails, the offending plugin is in the half that is still enabled, if it succeeds, then the offending plugin is in the disabled half so enable half of those and try again. If you have 32 plugins you will only need at most 5 experiments.

Good point, divide et impera. Being an (ex) programmer, I'm ashamed it didn't come into my mind :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.