Printer don't connect!

What is the problem?

The printer worked well yesterday and today when I've switched on this error appear:

hanging monitoring state from "Offline" to "Detecting serial connection"
Performing autodetection with 0 port/baudrate candidates:
Changing monitoring state from "Detecting serial connection" to "Error"
Changing monitoring state from "Error" to "Offline after error"

What did you already try to solve it?

Start in safe mode
Reinstall Octoprint

Have you tried running in safe mode?

yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

no

Systeminfo Bundle

2021-11-28 17:31:43,463 - octoprint.plugins.tracking - INFO - Sent tracking event commerror_autodetect, payload: {'commerror_text': 'No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.'}
2021-11-28 17:33:32,482 - octoprint.server.heartbeat - INFO - Server heartbeat <3
2021-11-28 17:33:40,749 - octoprint.plugins.tracking - INFO - Sent tracking event ping, payload: {'octoprint_uptime': 870, 'printer_state': 'OFFLINE'}
2021-11-28 17:34:35,511 - octoprint.server.util.flask - INFO - Passively logging in user Gilgamesh from ::ffff:192.168.178.25
2021-11-28 17:34:35,516 - octoprint.access.users - INFO - Logged in user: Gilgamesh
2021-11-28 17:34:36,540 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - New connection from client: ::ffff:192.168.178.25
2021-11-28 17:34:36,564 - octoprint.server.util.flask - INFO - Passively logging in user Gilgamesh from ::ffff:192.168.178.25
2021-11-28 17:34:36,565 - octoprint.access.users - INFO - Logged in user: Gilgamesh
2021-11-28 17:34:37,261 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - User Gilgamesh logged in on the socket from client ::ffff:192.168.178.25
2021-11-28 17:34:37,973 - octoprint.plugins.tracking - INFO - Sent tracking event webui_load, payload: {'browser_name': 'Safari', 'browser_version': '15.1', 'os_name': 'Mac OS', 'os_version': '10.15.7'}
2021-11-28 17:35:07,094 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Detecting serial connection"
2021-11-28 17:35:07,133 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Serial detection: Performing autodetection with 0 port/baudrate candidates:
2021-11-28 17:35:07,133 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Detecting serial connection" to "Error"
2021-11-28 17:35:07,135 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Error" to "Offline after error"
2021-11-28 17:35:07,162 - octoprint.plugins.action_command_notification - INFO - Notifications cleared
2021-11-28 17:35:07,381 - octoprint.plugins.tracking - INFO - Sent tracking event commerror_autodetect, payload: {'commerror_text': 'No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.'}

Additional information about your setup

1.7.2; Two Trees Plus; Marlin last edition; SAFARI; iMac Big Sur last version OS.

WRITE HERE

hello Gilgamesh,

it's a good thing you posted a part from the octoprint.log, but that's not the systeminfo bundle. Did you notice the huge button when you click on System in the foot line of the ui?
Please download that .zip from the pi to your computer and then upload it here.

And what did you change yesterday? Any chance you did something like tidy the cabling, cableclips or so? I assume you already tried to unplug/replug the usb cable?

Processing: terminal.txt...
Processing: systeminfo.txt...
webcamd.log (753.7 KB)
octoprint.log (55.1 KB)
serial.log (148 Bytes)
Uploading: plugin_pluginmanager_console.log...
haproxy.log (19.5 KB)Uploading: plugin_softwareupdate_console.log...

Hi, I made no changes; when problems occurred first time I've uninstalled all plugin and yesterday reinstalled Octoprint last version.

I guess we all have seen it more than once, something that used to work just fine suddenly stops to do so and for no apparent reason.
Logic tells something must have changed and some we find out while fail at others. Anyway, there's no gremlin within OctroPrint changing settings while we don't pay attention. OctoPrint just wants to get the job done well so it can return to do what it likes best (idling).

You tell it to connect and OctoPrint asks the OS for a list of USB-connected candidates.
In your case the OS comes back with an empty list:
2021-12-24 09:32:52,865 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Serial detection: Performing autodetection with 0 port/baudrate candidates:

At this point OctoPrint changes it's role from an actor to an indicator and you would have to ask the OS directly to (hopefully) get more details.

• ssh into the pi
  • sudo dmesg -w
  • that prints out the buffer with all the current kernel messages and it's monitoring and will show new messages.
  • unplug /replug the printer, turn it on, unplug/replug again
  • the console shows you how the kernel sees things. That may help you track down the source of your problem.

Thanks for your explanation but why this is still happening when I've reinstalled Octoprint from zero?

I suppose it is not a problem of neither octopi nor OctoPrint but of one of the other players. Power supply of the pi, usb plug, usb cable, printer usb plug, printer mb all could have part of the trouble

Support from remote can help only so and so much. Reading the experiences of others (search!) may help inspire you what to check or try. In the end only you have the system under your hands and thus you are the principal researcher.

Certainly it is as you say only that I am a beginner and I have to ask for help from those who know more than me: Believe me before writing I tried everything from USB cables to power supply and so on until I reinstall Octoprint after which I I had to give up!

so what is the output from dmesg?

I'm not sure if this is what you askedProcessing: sudo dsmg.pdf...

From the file octoprint.log you attached in your previous message, it would seem that OctoPrint managed to connect to your printer through USB. Are you still having problem with the connection between OctoPrint and the printer?

Problem solved with reinstallation of raspberry software with Octoprint version inside. Thanks for your support!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.