Printer freezes mid print

What is the problem?
It happened to me twice within a week that Octoprint has a problem where the printer freezes mid print. The nozzle and bed stay hot and the extruder just stays in place on the print. when that happens i can't reach octoprint's webinterface anymore. I can only unplug the raspberry and restart it again.
I also had the problem twice that when i wanted to start a print the extruder and bed would heat up and bed leveling would start and after that the extruder would just freeze and nothing happens. Restarting helped in all 4 cases but i'ts become so unreliable.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ...)
Printer running marlin 2.0 bugfix.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ...)
Also logs would help :wink:

2 Likes

There are articals on the web about needing to modify your USB cable or adding a power blocker to it between the PI and the printer. I bought a PortaPow USB Power Blocker from Amazon.

Also if your firmware is blocking Host Action Commands, this could be a problem too. OctoPrint told me my firmware needed to be modified.

You noticed this?

grafik

Yeah the thread is dead for a few years - but still thanks for your help :slight_smile:

I Saw Oct 19 and assumed it was Oct 19, 2023.

1 Like