Printer head moving INCREDIBLY slow for mesh bed leveling

What is the problem?

When I try to update the mesh bed leveling, it runs normally 2-3 times, then tries again to run, but the head moves incredibly slow. Like it takes 5 minutes in between each mesh point to travel. The fact that when I try to update the mesh, that it runs 2-3 times (last night it ran 6 times before I got frustrated and went to bed), is infuriating. But then that it runs at this slow of a speed is even more ridiculous.

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:98.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/98.0
connectivity.connection_check: 1.1.1.1:53
connectivity.connection_ok: True
connectivity.enabled: True
connectivity.online: True
connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org
connectivity.resolution_ok: True
env.hardware.cores: 4
env.hardware.freq: 1400.0
env.hardware.ram: 914006016
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: linux
env.os.platform: linux
env.plugins.pi_support.model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
env.plugins.pi_support.octopi_version: 0.18.0
env.plugins.pi_support.octopiuptodate_build: 0.18.0-1.7.3-20220323100241
env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_state: 0x0
env.python.pip: 20.3.3
env.python.version: 3.7.3
env.python.virtualenv: True
octoprint.safe_mode: False
octoprint.version: 1.7.3
systeminfo.generator: zipapi

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

2022-04-05 02:27:16,544 - octoprint.environment - INFO - Detected environment is Python 3.7.3 under Linux (linux). Details:
| hardware:
| cores: 4
| freq: 1400.0
| ram: 914006016
| os:
| bits: 32
| id: linux
| platform: linux
| plugins:
| pi_support:
| model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
| octopi_version: 0.18.0
| octopiuptodate_build: 0.18.0-1.7.3-20220323100241
| throttle_state: '0x0'
| python:
| pip: 20.3.3
| version: 3.7.3
| virtualenv: /home/pi/oprint**

WRITE HERE

What do you mean by mesh bed leveling? manual bed leveling or automated with some kind of sensor?
How do you trigger that bed leveling? Which gcode is being executed?

Do note that bed leveling is responsibility of the printer, Octoprint only instructs printer to perform one. Do you have factory firmware or custom? which one is it?

When I instruct OctoPrint to update the bed visualizer, that's when the problem happens. A manual bed leveling command, from the machine itself, has never given me an issue. I am running Kersey Fabrications firmware 1.71.0 KF PIDTEMP.

What is the gcode you are using for the Bed Level Visualizer plugin?

octoprint-systeminfo-20220405213005.zip (1.2 MB)

I don't know. I click on the button on the screen that says Update Bed Mesh in the Visualizer Plugin. There is no specific G-code that I type in.

In Bed Level Visualizer's settings, you configure the gcode that is correct for your printer to update the mesh. You can open the settings and find it. It must have been done at some point because it comes empty with no configuration.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.