Printer is extruding too high

I was just following those steps in that site. I cannot get the hot end down to where I want it to be regardless of my z offset

Send: M851 Z0
Recv: echo:Z Offset 0.00
Recv: ok
[...]
Send: M500
[...]
Send: M501
[...]
Send: M503
Recv: echo: G21 ; Units in mm
Recv: echo: M149 C ; Units in Celsius
Recv:
Recv: echo:Filament settings: Disabled
Recv: echo: M200 D1.75
Recv: echo: M200 D0
Recv: echo:Steps per unit:
Recv: echo: M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z800.00 E93.00
Recv: echo:Maximum feedrates (units/s):
Recv: echo: M203 X500.00 Y500.00 Z5.00 E25.00
Recv: echo:Maximum Acceleration (units/s2):
Recv: echo: M201 X500 Y500 Z100 E1000
Recv: echo:Acceleration (units/s2): P<print_accel> R<retract_accel> T<travel_accel>
Recv: echo: M204 P500.00 R500.00 T1000.00
Recv: echo:Advanced: S<min_feedrate> T<min_travel_feedrate> B<min_segment_time_ms> X<max_xy_jerk> Z<max_z_jerk> E<max_e_jerk>
Recv: echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X10.00 Y10.00 Z0.40 E5.00
Recv: echo:Auto Bed Leveling:
Recv: echo: M420 S0 Z0.00
Recv: echo:Material heatup parameters:
Recv: echo: M145 S0 H185 B45 F255
Recv: M145 S1 H240 B70 F255
Recv: echo:PID settings:
Recv: echo: M301 P23.81 I1.93 D73.64
Recv: echo:Z-Probe Offset (mm):
Recv: echo: M851 Z0.00
[...]
Send: G28
[...]

and you turned off endstops that stop it from going down past 0

honestly im not sure what is the GCODE for it

follow the above video to to the t it tells you step by step how to set z offset. all gcode commands included

Alright ill watch, thank you for helping!

from about 0:44 to the end is the meat and potatoes of it.

Alright I followed it to the letter and I am still about 2.80 off in my offset

Send: M211 S0
Recv: echo:Soft endstops: Off Min: X0.00 Y0.00 Z-534773216.00

I don't know why my Z is an insane number when it should be 0.00

Figured it out
I had to change my z-offset on my Ender 5's console the Gcode wasn't working so I just changed it there in a desperate stupor and it worked! thank you all for everything I have learned a ton about GCODE and OctoPrint.

2 Likes

make sure and do a store setting (M500) that way is saves it to eprom so next time you start up its saved then try and M503 to see what was saved

1 Like

also the M211 S0 doesnt really matter when it comes to the offset as it is M851 so as long as your M851 command matches what you need for a Z offset everything should be good to go. I had taken me a bit to learn about 3d printing and I am always learning it seems

As frustrating as this was i learned a ton thanks to you all.

2 Likes

wow M851 from the host application (octoprint/pronterface) doesn't work to set the offset. That sounds another fail on Creality firmware.

1 Like

That was my conclusion, because I have never had to send the M851 command. I set up bltouch prior to using a remote console so I had set it on the LCD.

I wonder what command they are using. With octoprint connected it would be interesting to know what you see in terminal tab when pressing said buttons.

I can post a log after a print

May I give my 2 cents here ?
I had the same issue some days ago, with my Ender3Pro . Hotend always to high and printing in the air.
Re-calibrating using the printers menue AND plugins of any kind did no change .
Problem just was : Printers EEprom .. I reset the ender to factory settings, re-calibrated my extruder real quick and did the Bed-Level thingie from the printers menue .. now I'm fine again.
So probably your eeprom is messed up .. I had this 2 or 3 times in "the last years" ..
Thats not an Octoprint issue I bet.
Regards

1 Like

Good advice :+1:
Did you flash your own marlin or are you running the stock firmware that came with the printer?

Its the original one from their website, where I enabled (setting those 3 bits) for the BL-Touch as they said in the instructions.

1 Like

@MAMEniac so I went in and ran m502 and reset to factory and then calibrated it and it seemed to work. But just today it started doing it again even after I reset everything to stock. however my ender 5 pro didn't come with the 32bit control board, they tried to sneak in an 8 bit and I just discovered it so that is probably my issue since I have been flashing the wrong firmware...

The MUST be a way to fix that ..so resetting the eeprom re-set everything and writing it back to the eeprom helped so fax ? So we know nothing is really broken ..
I habe a "spare" pcb for the ender3 .. it came with an broken driver for the extruder, but I got a spare one as well but I need to wait that my smd-rework station is back. Then I will to try to fix it. If all this is done, you can have this board .. all for free of course . Hope this is an idea !?
Hopefully the shipping will not be more expensive than a new pcb :slight_smile: