Printer keeps crashing

What is the problem?

Hello im having a problem where after a print or if the printer is left alone for awhile the screen says KILLED: PRINTER HALTED Please reset.

What did you already try to solve it?

Ive tried do some research and changed both the idle time out timer to 10 min and tried using a new cable connecting the Octopi to the printer.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

I have tried runnning in safe mod and problem still exists

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

My setup is and ender 3 pro with a skr mini board along with an octopi loaded on a raspberry pi 3b+ rev 1.3 running the latest version of octoprint.
Attached is a screen shot of what the serial log says unable to attach file because file is to big.

Last few lines of serial log:
2022-09-28 09:11:46,391 - Send: M105
2022-09-28 09:11:47,950 - Communication timeout while idle, trying to trigger response from printer. Configure long running commands or increase communication timeout if that happens regularly on specific commands or long moves.
2022-09-28 09:11:51,393 - Send: M105
2022-09-28 09:11:53,960 - No response from printer after 3 consecutive communication timeouts, considering it dead. Configure long running commands or increase communication timeout if that happens regularly on specific commands or long moves.
2022-09-28 09:12:29,343 - Changing monitoring state from "Operational" to "Offline after error"
2022-09-28 09:12:29,367 - Connection closed, closing down monitor
octoprint-systeminfo-20220928183816.zip (569.0 KB)

Hello @HundredK !

Most helpful (as always) is the systeminfo bundle.

Take care to use high quality USB cables with ferrite beads, as short as possible and away from EMI sources.

Systeminfo Bundle is now attached
i have tried different cable all 3 being 6 inch cables from different manufactures

Please, turn off the debug mode.
The octoprint.log has 82614 lines with and 3863 lines without debug infos.
It takes space, calculation time and loads the CPU. Please only turn on when asked by a dev.
Same is for the Info level.

The matter is: The printer denies communication with OctoPrint at a certain point.
When the printer produces a HALT, usually something serious could be happened.

Under what circumstances of the printer does that issue occur?

it happens most after print has finish or if i leave it on after doing some testing

i wanna say its a temp probe problem cuz ive been using the same one for about 4 years now.

Can you share a sample gcode file? You can zip it and attach it to your next post.

cube line width 0.3.gcode (291.5 KB)
Attached is my last test print that finished and caused the Halt please reset

The gcode at the end looks ok.

Wait a minute, what printer do you have? An Ender 3?

According to this:

https://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M84:_Stop_idle_hold

parameters with M84 only work with Prusa firmware.

And to this, it should work

You may try M18

So to my understanding after reading the attached link i should give M18 a try instead of M84 and do i lower the inactivity timer?

You should not need an inactivity timer for you want to end the process and not go into standby.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.