Printer no longer printing smoothly/connection issues via OctoPrint (Ender 3 pro)

What is the problem?

The printer has begun to "stutter" and "freeze" attempting to send data via USB. It was working perfectly until I needed to do some minor maintenance to the printer and now it's coming with communication errors and freezing while printing resulting in the print head getting encased in filament. (The "minor maintenance" was making sure that the Dupont connectors for my BLTouch were making a good connection with the main board as I was having intermittent connection issues with it and it failing probing/Z homing. Before anyone asks, the printer was disconnected from the main power entirely and the Raspberry Pi was disconnected as well. I'm not dumb enough to do any printer maintenance with this connected to any sort of voltage)

Also please see this video of what the printer is doing if my words as a little too difficult to understand (Not the greatest at writing an explaination): https://youtu.be/tyYAtPyJtgU The Skirt that is printing should be done smoothly and not jerking or totally freezing as shown in the video.

I AM able to print from the SD Card Directly without these issues occurring.

What did you already try to solve it?

I've double checked my Baud rate as suggested in other forum posts (115200), also changing USB cables. I've also COMPLETELY wiped my SD Card and started with an entirely new install of OctoPrint to see if the install somehow was corrupted.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I attempted to use Safe Mode before I totally nuked my original install of my OctoPrint set up an it made no difference. I was still getting the stuttering and freezing.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

serial (3).log (453.6 KB) octoprint (2).log (7.7 KB)

2 log files attached. Serial.log and Octoprint.log

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octoprint version: 1.3.12
OctoPi Version: 0.14
Printer: Ender 3 Pro
Firmware: Marlin 2.0.5.3
Browser: Google Chrome
Mainboard of Printer: BTT SKR Mini e3 v1.2
Raspberry Pi: 4b+ 4 Gig version.
USB: Standard USB Mini cable with masking tape Pin 4 modification to prevent the Pi powering the main board of the printer when plugged into the Pi.
LCD Screen: BTT TFT35 (Printer is NOT connected to the Pi via this. Figured I'd mention it as well in case there was a problem with commands that could be caused by it)
Plugins (Since reinstall of Octoprint): Action Command Prompt, M73 Progress

1 Like