Printer Notifications not showing any messages at all?

What is the problem?

the little printer notification box used to show useful info that was nice to keep tabs on prints on my ender 3 v2.
my printer is running jyers firmware, though it was working fine with this for months. a couple weeks ago this just suddenly stopped sending notifications. an octoprint update perhaps? it was a while ago.

sdfuihngsfd

quick edit: i realised i didn't mention this - but the printer notifications ARE showing up on the printer screen itself just fine. the M117 command is working and the printer itself shows the messages, it is only in octoprint that the printer notifications are mysteriously absent.

What did you already try to solve it?

re-flashed my printer firmware a couple times just in case it was something there, jyers hasn't been updated in a while so idk if that really changes anything.

turned the printer notifications settings in octoprint on/off a whole bunch, restarted the server between some tries and didn't on others. doesn't seem to have helped anything.

have been sending manual M117 commands to test fixes, and the terminal says Received ok, but they aren't showing up. shrug

Have you tried running in safe mode?

yep.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

nope.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20220809021123.zip (84.9 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPrint 1.81 - OctoPi 0.18.0 - Ender 3 v2 w/ Jyers' Firmware - Chrome - Windows 10 - Wifi connected.. everything else seems to work fine and prints are fine, just there are no printer notifications showing up anymore.

Those are picked up by notification actions coming from your printer. In terminal tab you would see something like this.

Recv: //action:notification SD Init Fail

I just checked with my vanilla Marlin build and 1.8.1 OctoPrint and it's working fine here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.