Printer Paused does not start printing

When I upload a file and hit Print nothing happens. The Temperature does not go up, the printer says Paused waiting for user. I have to randomly click things until the printer unpauses and then the Temperatures start to rise and the printer job will run.

WRITE HERE

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem? What is safe mode? I'm on linux not Windows. Accessing through a browser.

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/119.0
connectivity.connection_check: 1.1.1.1:53
connectivity.connection_ok: true
connectivity.enabled: false
connectivity.online: true
connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org
connectivity.resolution_ok: true
env.hardware.cores: 4
env.hardware.freq: 1200
env.hardware.ram: 915722240
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: linux
env.os.platform: linux
env.plugins.pi_support.model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
env.plugins.pi_support.octopi_version: 0.18.0
env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_state: 0x0
env.python.pip: 20.3.3
env.python.version: 3.7.3
env.python.virtualenv: true
octoprint.safe_mode: false
octoprint.version: 1.6.1
printer.firmware: Prusa-Firmware 3.11.0 based on Marlin
systeminfo.generator: systemapi

Note I only upgraded to this version because I had to reload the Prusa Slicer and assumed I needed to then update the printer firmware.

OctoPrint SafeMode has nothing to do with the OS you are running your browser on.

You saw the blue words on the right in the preview window? A click can be quite a help.

Please attach the systeminfo bundle to your next post.

Could it be that your printer has a filament runout sensor that you need to trigger or bypass? Or maybe you need to zero your printer.

I have had at least one printer that would randomly require a re zero before it would start a print.

Turns out I wasn't waiting long enough. The "Printer Paused waiting for user" message lasts a while before the printer starts to print. Don't know why the timeout has to be so long nor how to change it. Or if changing it will break something. Never did it before I updated octoPrint. Must be a feature to take longer to start for some unknown reason.

Hitting buttons on the octoPrint web page might not be the reason that the printer started. More likely the timeout expired and then octoPrint told the printer to start. Hitting Print should start the print. Maybe there are printers out there that can't start right away? Mine used too.

I think your printer is heating up? This is normal. It needs to heat the bed and the extruder. This takes time.

OctoPrint doesn't have any timeouts or waiting periods from the "paused for user" messages.

Enabling the serial.log, reproducing the issue and sharing a system info bundle would allow us to see the printer communication and likely work out what is waiting for what.

2 Likes

No the web interface shows that heating has not started yet. The terminal shows that the printer is paused and waiting for user input. Once it does start the commanded Temperature goes up and the printer starts to heat up.

Yep, @Charlie_Powell is right... you need to turn on the serial log and supply the System info bundle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.