Printer randomly stops for a second

What is the problem?

Printer randomly stops for a second or two at random intervals and leaves these blobs and zits all over

LEFT: Printed through Octoprint.
RIGHT: Printed through the SD Card.

What did you already try to solve it?

I didn't try anything because I don't know what to change regarding this issue.
What I did is print the same test model from the SD and it come out perfect.

I took a look at the logs and there are a lot of "busy processing", and in yesterday's test, lots of Communication timeout while printing, trying to trigger response from printer. Configure long running commands or increase communication timeout if that happens regularly on specific commands or long moves. were present in the serial log.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No, same behavior.

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20240719141449.zip (1.3 MB)

Additional information about your setup

First you should turn off the debugging protocol. The log is full of it. That takes away too much calculation power from the system. Almost 48350 lines are just DEBUG information from a log of 48624 lines

First you should turn off the debugging protocol. The log is full of it. That takes away too much calculation power from the system. Almost 48350 lines are just DEBUG information from a log of 48624 lines

Oh no! Is that an Octoprint or Marlin feature?

Oh woops. I must have enabled this to debug something a long time ago and forgot to disable it afterwards. Thank you for the heads up!

BTW I figured it out, turn out it was backpower from the Pi, again.

I recently upgraded to a SKR Mini E3 v3 from my old v1.2. It uses a MicroUSB cable instead of a MiniUSB and the screen and the board LEDs didn't turn on with the printer powered off, so I thought the backpower issue was resolved in this new board.

Well, turns out it didn't. I plugged my 5v nullifier (two USB-A male/female breakout boards that only has DATA+- connected) just to test, and the print came out perfect.

1 Like