Printer started before target temps reached

What is the problem?

A few problems:

I tried to print from PrusaSlicer. For some reason, the 3D printer was showing as offline but Octoprint received the job ok. I hit "connect". Nothing happened. I then went to print by pressing print icon on the file in the side menu.

Problem 1) The printer temperature started to go up, however TARGET temp was zero. The temperature kept on rising and rising above acceptable PLA temp, to 250 (and hotbed to 80 - too high).

Problem 2) So I hit "cancel" on the print, however the temperature did not drop and the print hung on "cancelling". I waited for 5 minutes

Problem 3) Eventually I had to restart Octoprint (I didn't reboot, just restarted Octoprint from the UI). After a while, it showed it was connected to the printer however the temperatures (target and actual) were not even showing on the graph. Why not?

Problem 4) I resent the print job from PrusaSlicer, then the temperature graph started showing. Target temp was set correctly and the actual temps started falling. BUT - the print started immediately, despite the fact the temperatures were way too high! How can this happen, surely there should be some protection mechanism against this?!

Thankfully the extruder just managed to hit 215 before the print started, even if the hotbed was 15 degrees too high!

What did you already try to solve it?

See above steps

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20211227124011.zip (42.7 KB)

Additional information about your setup

Octoprint Version 1.7.2
Prusa i3 MK3S
Chrome Browser on Win 11

There was this question about safe mode in the template.

Have you done it?

I wasn't in safe mode when this happened. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. If I am able, I will try doing the same things in safe mode.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.