Printer starts when file is uploaded to SD

Firstly... THANK YOU kindly for the help
What is the problem?
When i upload a file from my gcode folde on my windows PC to Octoprint (i drag is into the "Upload to SD" portion of the screen), The printer automatically wants to start printing. The progress bar starts to show progress, even thought the printer is not up to temperature. The bed will move forward, it sounds like it goes past it's limit and the head will move to the rear right. I have to press cancel as quickly as possible to stop the movement of the printer

What did you already try to solve it?
I've tried to re-slice the item.
Started Octoprint in Safe mode
Tried to disconnect, but then i cannot load the file of course

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)

• OctoPrint 1.4.0 running on OctoPi 0.17.0
    Pi 3B V1.2

Using what printer, on which firmware?

Logs please

Apologies, I did upload the log file.
Here it is again
octoprint.log (230.4 KB)

Prusa clone. Will check for the fw version

Friwmware Version 1.0.02

I'm having the same issue. Uploads to printer's SD start and then printer immediately starts doing moves. It's as if Octoprint is streaming the gcode rather than saving it to the SD card.

SKR V1.3 board
Marlin 2.0.5
Octoprint 1.4.0
Octopi 0.17.0

octoprint.log (223.7 KB)

1 Like

Need a serial.log.

And saving to SD card literally is streaming the gcode to the printer, just with a single command before that tells the printer it should be saving what comes next instead of executing it. Something about that doesn't seem to work as it should so I need a serial.log to see what's happening.

Did anyone have a solution for this? I am pretty new to this and just set up my Prusa MK3S. I have the same issue. I want the print to load to the SD card, but not try to print right away.

Enable and attach a serial.log, there is no solution since we can't see what the problem is.

@foosel I am having this exact same issue with my Tevo Tarantula. Should I start a new thread? I can add my logs here if that works as well.

Since no one's added logs to this post yet, that might help. If you are sure it is the same issue, the keep it to the related discussion here.

So this issue is 100% reproduceable. I just loaded to SD and cancelled and then refreshed the page and grabbed the logs. So it should show pretty easily where it happened.serial.log (148 Bytes) octoprint.log (1.6 MB)

No updates here?

Open serial.log and read the message in there.

The enable serial.log, reproduce and share the resulting serial.log :wink:

Has anyone been able to get this working as I'm having the same problem and it messed up my Y-axis as it jumped the teeth on my belt?

We can't look into this unless someone affected by this finally shares an enabled serial.log from a reproduction. We are not omniscient, we can't read minds.

Maybe the 5th post will make the difference, though serial has 6 letters so we might have to wait a bit longer.

3 Likes

serial.log even has 10, so that might take a while yet indeed...

2 Likes