Filament (Tool 0): 49.97m / 122.96cm³
Approx. Total Print Time: 13 hours
Print Time: 02:13:45
Print Time Left: 7.5 days ●
Printed: 30.8KB / 2.4MB
ETA: Thu 22

Approx Total print time says 13 hours

print time left 7.5 days?

not sure i want my printer running that long non stop?
any suggestions on how to solve?

One is a static estimate based on the file contents. After uploading it, OctoPrint will analyse the gcode file and try to estimate how long it will take.

Firmware settings such as your maximum movement speed and acceleration can drastically affect how long the print actually takes.

That's where the second number comes from, it constantly updates itself based on previous layers and other information OctoPrint derives from the print while it's in progress, and from a previous successful print of that same file (at least I think it does, I'm not 100% sure on that last one).

You could try using a more advanced estimator such as http://www.gcodeanalyser.com/ which may try to take into account movement speeds and acceleration.

1 Like

Totally understand that the "Print Time Left" value is something that is quickly calculated when a job is selected for printing.

But once the job has started printing, why not have OctoPrint update the "Print Time Left" value using the same logic that calculates the "Estimated total print time" value?

This way, both will report the same value and the "Print Time Left value will be far more accurate as the job progresses.

Food for thought.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the problem? Slicing in Cura 4.0 says 11 hour 7 min to print once I move it to octoprint it says 24 hours or 1 Day. It was strange it has been doing this for some time just not documenting it

What did you already try to solve it? I have reset all profile settings in cura and octo pint just in case something is different Even looking at it with g-Code Analyser it says Print Time 15:19:10

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

Ender 3
OctoPrint 1.3.10 running on OctoPi 0.15.1
TH3D code TH3D_UFW_U1.R2.10d

I am seeing this of a issue more and more. So I am chiming in here on this above is my information.

As suggested by the accepted solution, try the plugin to see if it's a better estimate.