Prints will not start. They just go right back to operational when you hit print

What is the problem?

I pull up a gcode file within octoprint and hit print. Nothing happens. Sometimes you can see where it says operational change to something quickly and back to operational. It happens so quickly, you don't really see anything.

What did you already try to solve it?

Restarted everything. Disabled some plugins. Most recent action was upgrading to the latest octoprint version before this started, but I didn't have a recent enough backup to restore.

Complete Logs

Changing monitoring state from "Operational" to "Starting"
Send: N0 M110 N0*125
Changing monitoring state from "Starting" to "Cancelling"
Recv: ok
Send: N1 M108*43
Changing monitoring state from "Cancelling" to "Printing"
Send: N2 M84*29
Send: N3 M104 T0 S0*34
Send: N4 M140 S0*97
Send: N5 M106 S0*98
Changing monitoring state from "Printing" to "Operational"
Recv:  T:30.00 /0.00 B:24.96 /0.00 @:0 B@:0

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

• OctoPrint 1.4.2
  • Python 2.7.16
  • OctoPi 0.17.0
  • Ender 5 Pro
  • Firmware: 1.1.6.3

Share a GCODE file with which you see this, and octoprint.log and a serial.log (you need to enable that first). Click the links to learn how.

Rats foosel! For some reason, the email showing there was a response landed in the spam folder. Meanwhile I was still troubleshooting away. I had eventually given up and re-installed everything. Now it is printing again. I have no idea on why it did that (not like I changed anything or installed anything new between it working and where it suddenly stopped). Next time, I will save all logs to the side before doing something like that (just in case). :slight_smile:

1 Like