Probing Failed Errors

I made a successful print yesterday of an ZYX calibration cube and set my axis calibrations accordingly this morning. I then tried to do some flow calibrations, and now I am receiving G92 errors and I don't know why. It seems to do the first 4 points just fine (5x5 grid), but the 5th it won't go down far enough to trigger the sensor, and thus throws the error. This has never happened to me. Terminal output below. Anyone else have this happen?

Recv: Error:Probing Failed
Send: N33 M108*26
Send: N34 M876 S0*94
Recv: M876 Responding PROMPT_GCODE_INFO
[...]
Recv: echo:busy: processing
[...]
Recv: X:240.00 Y:48.00 Z:5.00 E:-5.00 Count X:19038 Y:3847 Z:398
Recv: //action:probe_failed
Recv: echo:busy: processing
[...]
Recv: //action:cancel
Cancelling on request of the printer...
Send: N35 M108*28
Recv: Error:Printer halted. kill() called!
Changing monitoring state from "Cancelling" to "Error: Printer halted. kill() called!"
Send: M112
Send: N36 M112*20
Send: N37 M104 T0 S0*21
Send: N38 M140 S0*94
Changing monitoring state from "Error: Printer halted. kill() called!" to "Offline (Error: Printer halted. kill() called!)"
Connection closed, closing down monitor

M503 output below:

Recv: FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin 2.0_DW5 TM3D SSMDBB SOURCE_CODE_URL:https://github.com/InsanityAutomation/Marlin/tree/CrealityDwin_2.0 PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:TM3D CR10V2 EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 UUID:cede2a2f-41a2-4748-9b12-c55c62f367ff
Recv: Cap:SERIAL_XON_XOFF:0
Recv: Cap:BINARY_FILE_TRANSFER:0
Recv: Cap:EEPROM:1
Recv: Cap:VOLUMETRIC:1
Recv: Cap:AUTOREPORT_TEMP:1
Recv: Cap:PROGRESS:0
Recv: Cap:PRINT_JOB:1
Recv: Cap:AUTOLEVEL:1
Recv: Cap:Z_PROBE:1
Recv: Cap:LEVELING_DATA:1
Recv: Cap:BUILD_PERCENT:1
Recv: Cap:SOFTWARE_POWER:0
Recv: Cap:TOGGLE_LIGHTS:0
Recv: Cap:CASE_LIGHT_BRIGHTNESS:0
Recv: Cap:EMERGENCY_PARSER:1
Recv: Cap:PROMPT_SUPPORT:1
Recv: Cap:AUTOREPORT_SD_STATUS:1
Recv: Cap:THERMAL_PROTECTION:1
Recv: Cap:MOTION_MODES:0
Recv: Cap:CHAMBER_TEMPERATURE:0
Recv: ok P15 B3
Send: M155 S2
Send: M876 P1
[...]

Only time I've seen probing failed errors was when my BLTouch was acting up for some reason, potentially from not getting enough power. After I looked into it further my connection to the board had some a little loose, and after unplugging and plugging them back in the probing failures stopped. So what you want to look into is hardware specific I think rather than software issues.

I secured those connections with hot glue, and it has been working for months with the internal temp of the case not getting near hot enough to cause an issue there. I even have strain relief on the cable going to the BLTouch to prevent such a problem. But I will still check. It seems odd it would only be at one probing point though where it throws the error.

A quick re-upload of the firmware fixed it. I have to change some settings back, which is a pain, but at least it's working.

EDIT: It seems to no longer be working once I re-entered the calibration parameters I had this morning. Something about recalibrating the motor steps in the X Y and Z directions seems to be causing the issue. All I did was enter

M92 X79.33 Y80.14 Z79.60 E415.00

With G92 and parameters you set the position, you aware of that?
https://www.reprap.org/wiki/G-code#G92:_Set_Position

He's settings axis steps though, not position.

https://www.reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M92:_Set_axis_steps_per_unit

Oh sh,, I should clean my glasses - sorry... :relaxed:

For some reason after yet another Marlin flash, it's working. I guess it may have been a glitch somehow. Now on to calibrating for a .25mm nozzle, this should be fun. Talk about touchy! :weary:

1 Like