Probing Failed When trying to print

What is the problem?
Printing from SD" to "Error: Probing failed"
Changing monitoring state from "Error: Probing failed" to "Offline (Error: Probing failed)"
Connection closed, closing down monitor
Printing stops

What did you already try to solve it?
Restart

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, browser error console ...)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ...)
OctoPrint 1.3.11, Octp PI .15.1, Ender 3 Pro, EZABL, EZ board Marlin 2.0 32 bit board, Windows 10

That is an error reported by your firmware and has nothing to do with OctoPrint.

I have a similar issue when using OP 1.3.11 with a Taz 6. The first auto probe will fail and the printer and the console will show

Changing monitoring state from "Printing" to "Error: Probing failed"Changing monitoring state from "Error: Probing failed" to "Offline (Error: Probing failed)"Connection closed, closing down monitor

But the printer will make a second attempt and succeed. I seem to remember in the past octoprint would not close the connection after the first failure. Is this a setting I can change?

Sounds like you have a G29 command in more than one place. Check your OctoPrint -> Settings -> Gcode -> Before printing script, your slicer's add-ons which might also throw stuff like this and finally, the gcode as produced.

opps I never saw the alert for your reply. I just just checked the gcode file and there is only one instance of G29.

1 Like

Did you ever figure this out? My Taz 6 wont reattempt, it just crashes.