Problem with Print on Anycubic Chiron over Octoprint

What is the problem?

When i print on my chiron oer Octoprint, the Job crashes after 1 or more hours.

Code:
Unexpected error while reading serial port, please consult octoprint.log for details: SerialException: 'device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)' @ comm.py:_readline:4081

Please see https://faq.octoprint.org/serialerror for possible reasons of this.

Changing monitoring state from "Printing" to "Offline after error"

Connection closed, closing down monitor

LOG:
2024-01-02 17:07:06,625 - octoprint.util.comm - ERROR - Unexpected error while reading from serial port

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/util/comm.py", line 4081, in _readline

ret = self._serial.readline()

File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/util/comm.py", line 6832, in readline

c = self.read(1)

File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 596, in read

'device reports readiness to read but returned no data '

serial.serialutil.SerialException: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)

What did you already try to solve it?

If i print on a other Printer it works.
If I print from SD it works.

I reinstalled Octoprint, Chaged RPi SD Card and Reinstalled Octoprint, Changet Power Supply and Cable of PI, Changed USB Cable to Printer, Changed USB Platine in Printer.

Firmware= Newest Knutwurst
Raspberry Pi4 with Newest Octoprint Installation
Anycubic Chiron = Problem
Anycubic I3 Mega S = No Problems

Sounds like a classic serial comm issue. There are many threads covering this topic.
One of them is listed in your post. Did you review that?

Others can be found on the forum by searching.

You did not follow the get help template instructions where it said you should include the

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

Not providing things like this cripple the people here that want to help. Please help us help you and try to provide all the details that make it easy for us to help you.

Some likely solves to your issue are:
A better USB cable or connection
Isolating the 5v on your usb cable
Ensuring you have a good power supply for both your printer and Pi/Computer.
Incompatible printer firmware.

But honestly, hard to tell since you did not include you Systeminfo Bundle. Note that it would also be a good idea to turn on serial logging and reproduce the issue and then post the bundle. Turn it off again though.. or you could end up with large logs filling your disk.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.