Problems after update 1.8.7

Hello everyone,

Sorry for my bad English. I do all this with a translator.

What is the problem?

Yesterday I updated my Octopi from 1.8.6 -> 1.8.7.
Since then I can't connect to it via Octoremote. The message "Could not retrieve system commands" always comes up.

In addition, the interface no longer seems to be complete via the browser. Some icons are missing. But it can be operated normally.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have no idea what to try

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

Which ones are needed and where can I find them?

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)

Octopi on a Rasperry Pi2. Connecting vom Octoremote on Android. Worked before the update.

Can someone help me and has an idea how I can fix the problems?

I also have a second Rasperry Pi with Octoprint 1.8.6 and don't dare to update it because I'm afraid of breaking it too.

Hello @Apropo !

This is not a networking issue, because the hardware is not connected via LAN/WLAN.

Please attach the systeminfo bundle to your next post.

Reinstalling the Octoremote plugin would be a first step.

I also had basically all icons missing after upgrading OctoPrint, the buttons all showed only a square as if a font wasn't known. I've fixed it by upgrading the system's (OctoPi) packages via sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade, followed by a reboot.

I would suspect it was the reboot that fixed it here, the system packages don't have anything related to OctoPrint's updates, especially not the fonts. Perhaps there was some caching issue with the browser or something.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.