Problems with the final step installing octoprint on windows

What is the problem?

I have followed through the installation guide for installing octoprint on windows but when I get to the command "octoprint serve" I get the following error.

(venv) c:\Octoprint>octoprint serve
2023-02-09 20:12:36,419 - octoprint.startup - CRITICAL - Could not initialize settings manager: DLL load failed while importing netifaces: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
2023-02-09 20:12:36,419 - octoprint.startup - CRITICAL - There was a fatal error starting up OctoPrint.
Could not initialize settings manager: DLL load failed while importing netifaces: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
There was a fatal error starting up OctoPrint.

What did you already try to solve it?

Uninstalled and reinstalled python 3.10.9

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Try opening your command prompt as an administrator. The windows installer (I made) is way easier than the manual install instructions BTW and gives options to setup OctoPrint as a service. You can get it from the releases section of its GitHub repo.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I did try opening the command prompt as administrator but I had the same results.

I had a quick look at the GitHub link and am not sure what to do from there. Do I have to uninstall what I have already done or will the installer overwrite my previous downloads?

I clicked on the latest downloads and there were 3 files, do I just download those and extract the zip file, then run the .exe file?

You would want to undo anything you've already done. Download the OctoPrint.Setup.1.8.6.exe and run it, follow wizard.

I installed your service and so far it seems to be working well.

How do I setup additional printers though?

I have three connected to my PC.

Thanks!

run the installer again and enter a new port number, ie 5001, 5002. the installer will create a new service for each.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.