Prusa MK2.5 on 3.8 Not Connect to Octoprint 1.3.12

What is the problem?

My Prusa MK2.5 (running 3.8 firmware) was connecting to my Octoprint before and then I updated to 1.3.12 on Octoprint and I haven't been able to connect since. It doesn't even look like the printer is receiving any information. When I hit "Connect", before the printer monitor would flash blank and then come back once it was connecting, but now the printer doesn't make any sort of response at all when I hit connect on Octoprint.

What did you already try to solve it?

Tried reflashing firmware, tried new USB cable, different power supplies, rebooted system multiple times (both printer and rasp pi), enabled serial.log, and also added "wait for Start on connect"

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

octoprint.log (222.8 KB)

serial1.log (1.4 KB)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)

Octoprint 1.3.12, Octopi 0.16.0, Prusa Mk2.5, Firmware 3.8, Google Chrome, MacOSX

Hello @jb3872!

Have you tried to connect the MK2.5 to the PC with Pronterface?
Have you something else connected to the USB ports when you try to connect to the printer?
Have you tried safe mode with OctoPrint?

1 Like

You got it! I had my Mosaic Palette also connected to the RaspPi. Unplugged it, tried to reconnect worked like a charm. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Great! Could you mark your post with the solution as Solution (the tickbox below the text).

Thank you!