Prusa MMU2s Not working in 1.3.12

I updated the number of extruders to 5 and my MMU is changing filament fine now.

It was just selecting filament 1 on the new release.

Thanks

1 Like

OctoPrint crashed? Or the printer? Or just an error massage?

BTW: You have a lot of errors during loading some plugins. E.g.:

2019-10-23 19:58:34,617 - octoprint.plugin.core - ERROR - Error loading plugin mmu2filamentselect
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugin/core.py", line 863, in _import_plugin
    instance = imp.load_module(module_name, f, filename, description)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_mmu2filamentselect/__init__.py", line 125
    b"octoprint.plugin.softwareupdate.check_config": __plugin_implementation__.get_update_information
                                                  ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Also with: DisplayLayerProgress, cancelobject.

Concerning your "crash", a serial.log would be quite helpful.

1 Like

So I hope it finaly works now?!
Komprimierte Datei.zip (125,4 KB)

I did create a serial file but don’t know where it is saved so I didn’t attach it (I know, well doh!)

Thanks for finding and pointing out these additional errors. I’m still learning a lot about 3D printing and the associated hardware/software.
I did change the settings for the extruders and that seems to fixed that problem for now.

3 Likes

Changing the extruder settings solved my reset problem, thanks for the fast help.

2 Likes

That worked, yes!

Funnily enough that reset has a start preceding it, so it's slightly different than the other cases here. There seem to be quite some difference between people's MMUs in behaviour and generated serial messages, I find that disturbing to be honest.

In any case, there also seems to be some communication issue that the firmware doesn't detect properly which I find concerning:

2019-10-23 09:57:26,520 - Send: N23 G21*43
[...]
2019-10-23 09:57:26,528 - Recv: Unknown G code: $23 G21

In any case, can you please make sure your printer profile's extruder count matches the MMU (5 extruders, shared nozzle) as described here

and tell me if you can still reproduce?

Short update on this, I got a confirmation on twitter by someone affected by the whole nine yards of this issue (restarting printer included) who fixed it by fixing the printer profile. I consider this issue solved and have updated the ticket accordingly:

3 Likes

I can confirm this was my issue as well.

I updated to 1.3.12 this morning and was no longer able to print with my Prusa MK3S / MMU2S. After updating my extruders to 5 on the profile page, I am happily printing again!

Thank you everyone for your help in resolving this!

2 Likes

Maybe good to know, I alraedy had my printer profile on 5 extruders 1 nossle. But have to switch to 1 extruder 1 nossle and then back to 5 to1. Now it works. But just tested on single filament print at the moment.

2 Likes

I got exactly the same problem. The second time I installed an RC update and the system broke.
I cannot follow the "solution" by fossel, as I do not see the image .

That is odd. It should definitely have taken the existing settings into account. The comm layer checks against the extruder account in the currently selected printer profile, during runtime. There should not be any caching happening here.. odd

We've told you how software development works, what an RC is, what it's for, and how not to behave when interacting with other human beings the last time you participated on this forum by primarily being entitled and rude and insulting me personally.

Maybe someone else wants to help you here. I don't. Stop using my software, get yourself a commercial, proprietary product that can afford to hire a huge 24/7 support staff that gets paid enough to put up with your attitude.

2 Likes

Maybe someone else wants to help you here. I don't. Stop using my software, get yourself a commercial, proprietary product that can afford to hire a huge 24/7 support staff that gets paid enough to put up with your attitude.

This is a great reminder of why you need our support on Patreon, and encouraged me to personally increase my membership with you. Thank you for Octoprint and for all of your efforts supporting us. The level of support you give us is truly remarkable and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say Thank you! I appreciate you!

3 Likes

Just supported you on Patreon! @foosel, thanks for all you do. Your work really helps me be productive with my printer. Amazing work and dedication! Much appreciated.

5 Likes

@Brent_H @cgenco Thank you both so much for these kind words! :heart:

1 Like

This new feature caught me by surprise as well, but I had recently upgraded the Prusa firmware and PrusaSlicer software so I was dead certain it was either a sensor issue with my printer or a Prusa software bug. I had no idea OctoPrint has the ability to modify the GCODE on the fly like that.

As time goes on there will probably be less people with misconfigured profiles but if it doesn't take a lot of work I would highly suggest making the "Not queuing T3, that tool doesn't exist according to the printer profile or was reported as invalid by the firmware" message generate a popup warning instead of just being printed to the serial log, to make it more obvious for people what's going on.

1 Like

This is what fixed my issue as well.

Well, I ran into it as well, confusing since you do not do everyday multi material prints. When setting up the profile, I interpreted too literally: I have one extruder (not more), but a filament changer that feeds this single extruder with each time a different filament.

Maybe the pulldown title should hint at that interpretation of multiple extruders and the consequence for filament changers? I selected 1, because displaying e.g. 5 temperatures / curves etc. made no sense to me and I thought that would be the consequence of selecting "5". So I thought selecting 1, was the right choice for me...

EDIT: I noticed that AFTER you select "5", you get the option to select "shared nozzle". That is ofcourse perfect, so I removed my suggestion for "two choices" from this comment.

Glad I know the reason now! I thought it was the result of a incomplete removal of the filament selector dialog plugin, which manipulates and issue "T" codes, and was about to do a fresh install as to rule that out :wink:

1 Like

Do you remember the MMU(1)?
That was 4 extruders and 1 nozzle. For the MMU2 is the successor of the MMU, the profile settings of the MMU still works with the MMU2 except there are now 5 instead of 4 "extruders", but it's still a shared nozzle system for multiple materials/colours.

1 Like

This issue has been driving me crazy for the last couple of months, but I did not have the time to test and research fully, until this weekends and by a process of elimination I figured that it had to be OctoPrint. I was the same as other on here that it used to work. The 5 extruders using a shared nozzle setting change has been a sanity saver and so many thanks :slight_smile: