PrusaSlicer 2.7.1 only half working with Octoprint

What is the problem?

I have been using Octoprint (currently on 1.9.3) for a few years (Ender 3 Pro and now Sovol SV06) with Cura 5.x and its been working flawlessly. I even have it setup with Tasmota where after sending the print from Cura, it will wake up the printer and start the print job.

I recently installed PrusaSlicer 2.7.1 and configured OctoPrint with it. I have it connected and tested and it appears to only work partially. I am able to test the connection after adding it in PrusaSlicer. With the printer on, after sending the G-Code to printer (Upload and Print) I am able to see the file stored onto OctoPrint but it just sits there, and does nothing. I can manually kick it off and it will print, but the automatic printing part is not working.

What did you already try to solve it?

Rebooted OctoPrint

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No, it works when I switch over to Cura and send a print.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Didn't try.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20231230214923.zip (2.5 MB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPrint 1.9.3
OctoPi Version 0.18.0, running on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
Sovol SV06 2.0.0A
Windows 11 Pro
Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome.

I created a new API token instead of using the global one and now it is printing after sending to printer from PrusaSlicer.

However, my other issue is that it only works when the printer is on. If it is off, then it will not automatically turn on with Tasmota. Using Cura, this works. I couldn't find any settings within Tasmota that be any different with Cura vs. PrusaSlicer.

That's a feature of the OctoPrint plugin for Cura

If you want this feature in PrusaSlicer you could ask Prusa for it (for example in their forums or on the PrusaSlicer github page)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.