Qidi i-mate(s) not detected with new seutp on Pine64

What is the problem?

I'm working on getting OctoPrint to control my Qidi i-mate(s). I have found several people who have done this, so I know it has been possible. I get "No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected"
serial.log (10.5 KB)

What did you already try to solve it?

First I ordered a ADAFRUIT usb-ttl cable.

I'm running a fresh install of armbian on the Pine64 with the minimal setup, so no GUI environment.

Next I accessed the motherboard, removed the WiFi module as it blocks physical access. I've confirmed several times that the RX, TX, and grnd are connected to the right pins and fully seated. According to the people who have gotten this working the Vcc should not be connected.

I've then gone into OctoPrint and clicked the connect button with the above error. I've also tried setting the Baudrate to 115,200 and then running a connect with Auto on Serial Port. I've also selected each of the listed ports starting with /dev/ttyUSB0.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Had the same results.

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20230322074602.zip (14.0 KB)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OcotPrint 1.8.7

cat /etc/armbian-release

PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE

BOARD=pine64
BOARD_NAME="Pine64"
BOARDFAMILY=sun50iw1
BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=GitHub - armbian/build: Armbian Linux Build Framework
BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=1a8daf0
VERSION=23.02.2
LINUXFAMILY=sunxi64
ARCH=arm64
IMAGE_TYPE=stable
BOARD_TYPE=conf
INITRD_ARCH=arm64
KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=stable

Qidi i-mate(s)

Browsers
Android Chrome (current version)
Firefox (111.0)

OS used
Mostly Windows 11
Tried on Linux Ubuntu
Tried on Android from my phone

You may try this plugin:

#Fix CBD Firmware

1 Like

Turned out I skimmed one part of the connection guide. The USB-ttl connection is rx to tx and vice versa on the motherboard.

I already had the plug-in for the funky bios.

Still more setup to go but this was the hard part.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.