I would like to connect my Octoprint Raspberry Pi 3 B to my Qidi x-one2 printer.
I am hoping someone with experience ( @FrankR ) can help guide me and I won't have to reinvent the wheel (so to speak). I am a visual learner so pictures would be amazing.Thanks for any wisdom y'all can share!
I plan to hook up with octopi-stretch-lite-0.15.1 with the patch described in this thread specifically for the Qidi X-one2.
- I burnt the image onto a Micro SD card using Etcher
- I used Notepad++ to change the SSID name and Password
- I put the SD card into the Pi 3 B
- I hooked the Pi to the USB port on the Qidi printer (located right next to the SD card slot).
- I hooked the Pi up with a wifi dongle.
- I turned on the printer.
- I powered on the Pi.
I am not seeing the Octopi connecting to Wifi on my router. I am guessing this is a simple error I made in configuring the Wifi on the image. After I connect, is that when I will be able to implement the patch, or do I do that when I'm burning the image to the Pi?
I don't know what diagnostic info I can post w/o being able to connect to the Pi, but I will update more as I make progress. Any direction or ideas are appreciated.