Rasp 3b+ cannot u/l to sdcard

I have a Creality LD-002R connected to a Raspberry PI 3b+ with octoprint 1.8.6, octopi 0.18.0. I have a male-male USB-A cable connecting the printer's USB port to the PI.

i can do almost everything, upload, move the z axis, see/control USB webcam but I can't get octopi to create the virtual-sd-card-over-usb. I've loaded the chituboard plugin and because this printer reports back as the " CBD made it," i have that plugin added as well. i have no other plugins installed.

When I try to initialize the sd card, nothing happens. When I try to upload to the sd card, I get the following:

2023-01-19 16:30:08,322 - octoprint.filemanager.analysis - INFO - Starting analysis of local:beta dice set + 2d6.ctb
2023-01-19 16:30:08,366 - octoprint - ERROR - Exception on /api/files/sdcard [POST]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/piupiu/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 2073, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "/home/piupiu/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1519, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "/home/piupiu/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1517, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "/home/piupiu/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1503, in dispatch_request
    return self.ensure_sync(self.view_functions[rule.endpoint])(**req.view_args)
  File "/home/piupiu/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 1598, in decorated_view
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/piupiu/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/vendor/flask_principal.py", line 199, in _decorated
    rv = f(*args, **kw)
  File "/home/piupiu/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/server/api/files.py", line 681, in uploadGcodeFile
    target,
  File "/home/piupiu/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/server/api/files.py", line 639, in fileProcessingFinished
    tags={"source:api", "api:files.sd"},
  File "/home/piupiu/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint_chituboard/sla_printer.py", line 438, in add_sd_file
    on_success()
TypeError: selectAndOrPrint() missing 3 required positional arguments: 'filename', 'absFilename', and 'destination'
2023-01-19 16:30:28,142 - octoprint.filemanager.analysis - INFO - Analysis of entry local:beta dice set + 2d6.ctb finished, needed 19.82s

When I try to print a file, I get this error:

Send: M23 beta dice set + 2d6.ctb
 Recv: //Disk init fail!
 Recv: //Disk init fail!
 Recv: //############sd_mounted Error! cann't open file !
 Recv: ok N:79 Send: M4000 Recv: ok B:159/0 E1:157/0 E2:155/0 X:0.000 Y:0.000 Z:1.000 F:0/256 D:0/0/0 T:0 Repl: ok T:0 /0 B:159 /0   E1:157/0 E2:155/0 X:0.000 Y:0.000 Z:1.000 F:0/256 D:0/0/0 T:0  

Thanks in advance for your help.

Does your firmware support writing from USB to the SD card? If so, is the SD card formatted as FAT32?

OctoPrint doesn't natively support resin printers because the communication works very differently. The Chituboard plugin does it's best to add support but there's a lot more setup involved than just installing the plugin which it doesn't sound like you've done. See the plugin listing/repository, it's described in detail.

However, it only supports Raspberry Pi's with OTG ports. That is, the Pi Zero/Zero 2, 3A+ and 4B. Your Pi (3B+) is not listed in the list of supported hardware on the plugin's page, so it will not work for you.

1 Like

i thought i read somewhere that the plugin was updated to work with the 3b+ via USB A-A but that could also just been me googling while exhausted.

Many thanks for the confirmation.

i'm trying to get the pi to be the sd card, I dunno about the firmware but that's a good thing to check anyhow