Raspberry 4 model B 4gb, wpa supplicant set up

What is the problem?

-Can't connect to the new set up wifi
-After using the new method to flash octopi (using raspberry PI imager and the cntl+shift+x to add the wifi info) I don't think I can directly edit the wifi information like I used to flashing with balenaetcher. How do I add/edit my wifi network on the new imager?

What did you already try to solve it?
-Attempted to change the SSID in the wpa supplicant file on the SD card.

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)

The octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt file should still contain your wifi details. What did this file have in it when you tried to edit it? It should have had the details of your previous wifi connection in it?

Yeah it did and all i did was edit the SSID inside the "sample" but for some reason the password was encrypted or something without "" so i changed it to "password"

It was like this:

country=US
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
ap_scan=1

update_config=1
network={
ssid="SSID"
psk=e61e41b54eec1920aba3226b1c4a1acefe38585ac5ee599d70c2b9b12ab9ec81
}

That's how it's supposed to look - for compatibility with special characters & also so people can't easily read it back. I wouldn't generally post it on the internet, I don't think I can decrypt it but someone might try, I guess.

Seems like you changed it to the right thing, not sure why that isn't working. So it now looks like this:

country=US
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
ap_scan=1

update_config=1
network={
ssid="SSID"
psk="password"
}

Hopefully?

If you can connect it up to a HDMI monitor to access the terminal, it would be great to be able to see the output of ls -l /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf, to check it has not broken the link to the octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt file. You can also try setting up the wifi using sudo raspi-config.

I changed some letters and numbers in the code so I wasnt worried about posting it online. I'll change the text file to what you sent and see how it goes

There has been no change. It still does not connect to the wireless network. I checked the router and it is definitely not connected. I might just hard reset the entire sd card and install a new octopi image

Hmm, psk is what's used normally to configure it with the plaintext password:

Crap. Sorry.
Just finished installing and configuring 30 slot machines and my brain is fried

All good, I initially thought you were on to something there!