Raspberry 4b no longer appears to boot

What is the problem?

I am sure it is completely circumstance but wanted to post and see if others have experienced any issues. I decided to do the re-image to 1.0 of OctoPi. So I built my image, everything looked good, put the SD into my PI and powered it on. Nothing came up on the network either on wired or wireless. I connected it to a micro HDMI to HDMI and tried to see what was going on. I have no video output either. The red light on the Pi is red and steady. I am using the factory power supply from the kit from RAKWireless so not using some janky power supply.

What did you already try to solve it?

I used two different SD cards, two different machines to build the image and nothing boots. I get no video either. I tried flashing just straight Pi not OctoPi and still nothing and no video.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Tried the yaml safe mode option since there is no boot or video

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

This did not solve the issue.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

I tried to find something on getting the bundle if the device does not appear to boot. Would be open for assistance here.

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

The device worked just fine with 0.86 (I believe that was the version). Thought about trying to boot that version but it was not available with the RasperryPi Image installer, just the 1.0 version. I pulled the heatsink case off of the Pi and didn't see any type of physical damage that was visible.

Does the green LED flash at all? If not, then either the SD socket is bad or the pi itself is bad. Red means it has power. Green will flash to show it sees and is accessing the SD card

1 Like

I have no green light. I have contacted the distributor. Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping for some magical answer. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.