Raspberry pi 4 5" hdmi screen only using quarter of the screen

What is the problem?

So, I recently got a 5" hdmi touch screen from amazon to use with my raspberry pi thats running octoprint, utilizing the TouchUI plugin.
But for some reason, whatever I do, octoprint/touchui is only using a quarter of the screen.
Its the same at boot with "splash" console, only using that upper right part.
I´ve gone through all the settings, followed the manufacturers "guide" to setup the screen within /boot/config.txt but nothing resolves it.
The screen is a 5" 800x480, but octoprint/touchui treats it like its a 1920x1080 display, because if I change the resolution to 1920x1080 it "almost" fills the entire screen, but everything is unusable.
Here is a really bad pic of what the screen looks like. (see past the login promt, I had it "working" a minute ago, but messing around with stuff gave me this and I gave up)

I´ve tried googling this for the past couple of hours without any luck, so if anyone has encountered this and/or has a fix, I´m in you debt!
(If any words are spelled wrong or I used some phrase wrong, I´m swedish)

What did you already try to solve it?

Following lcdwiki.com guide for 5" hdmi-b display

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octoprint v1.7.2, Latest Octopi, Ender 3 v2, Jyers v2.0.1

Someone must have had this problem before?

Solved it.
But sure as fuck ain´t gonna share it with anyone.
Thx for allt the help!

So let's get this straight, you are upset because you had an issue that no one seems to be familiar with and you weren't able to quickly find any information about, and your response to that is announce that you've solved the issue but won't share the solution for anyone who may come across your situation in the future, just like you did?

Good plan, hope it works out for you.

3 Likes

I get upset when no-one even takes the time to tell me that it´s an unusual problem that apparently no-one has encountered before.

Gonna work out great my man! These types of forums are useless anyway.

If all the thousands of users with accounts here posted 'err, idk' everyone would get incredibly annoyed. Forums are about sharing information, and if you aren't willing to get involved in helping other people then I don't see why anyone should help you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.