Raspberry Pi 4 is out

Yeah try this guides but the most imortant thing is to set the wifi country (you can do this in raspi-config) or else the wifi might not work.

1 Like

so i tried wiping my sd card, and installing raspbian instead of octoprint, and everything worked fine. Then re-wiped and installed octoprint again, changed my net login, country etc, plugged it into monitor/keyboard and nothing... where as lights lit up on keyboard on Raspbian and worked perfectly... even tried with ethernet and nothing..no idea what ive done wrong

Hmm interesting, sounds like maybe a corrupted image download.

Just confirming this is the image you are using (Beta nightly build for Pi 4):
https://storage.googleapis.com/octoprint/2019-06-24_2019-06-20-octopi-buster-lite-0.17.0.zip

You can also download the md5 to check if your image file is corrupted or not:
https://storage.googleapis.com/octoprint/2019-06-24_2019-06-20-octopi-buster-lite-0.17.0.zip.md5

Here is a guide on checking the md5 with windows or linux:

Also I recommend using balenaEtcher for writing the image to your sd card:

and wow, i was using the wrong version, thank you guys for all your help, sorry for being a pain!

4 Likes

Following want to get pi 4 up and running on my mk3s

Well, mine was picked up by the outbound carrier from the UK about an hour ago. :airplane:

I also bought one of these as well and will be doing some heat-related comparisons before/after.

54%20PM

1 Like

This website announced these..

It's called an Ice Tower

2 Likes

For people in Saudi Arabia :smiley:

1 Like

Or currently in Germany....

1 Like

I have fan-envy.

1 Like

As someone else said to me: "You can get fans with LEDs at that size :crazy_face:"

Oh, snap. It actually does have a blue LED inside the fan.

1 Like

Has anyone tried just adding a simple fan to the pi4 yet to see how much of a difference that makes? I have active cooling added to my pi3 case with just a simple fan connected to the GPIO header to power it on. If it does improve the heat situation I would be interested in adding a safe power down option with integrated fan, like this.

Yeah I did.

It's a little bit warmer on these hot days but it never throttles.

A copper ram cooler is still one that sits real high from the board isn't it? I meant super simple fan mounted just above pulling air away from cpu, etc. Thanks for the feedback though.

I still can't find the Pi4 in stock. Even this cooling fan is out of stock

Sorry if this is a NOOBIE question but im new and learning. Are people using the Pie 4 using a separate case or are using it with the pinouts directly on the board directly into the main board?

It's not really big. It's one of those:

I didn't test it without any coolet

1 Like

I've got these, all from my local electronic store:

You would use it standalone either with a case or just "naked".
It's connection to the printer via a serial connection, most of the time via usb.