Raspberry Pi 4 is out

and wow, i was using the wrong version, thank you guys for all your help, sorry for being a pain!

4 Likes

Following want to get pi 4 up and running on my mk3s

Well, mine was picked up by the outbound carrier from the UK about an hour ago. :airplane:

I also bought one of these as well and will be doing some heat-related comparisons before/after.

54%20PM

1 Like

This website announced these..

It's called an Ice Tower

2 Likes

For people in Saudi Arabia :smiley:

1 Like

Or currently in Germany....

1 Like

I have fan-envy.

1 Like

As someone else said to me: "You can get fans with LEDs at that size :crazy_face:"

Oh, snap. It actually does have a blue LED inside the fan.

1 Like

Has anyone tried just adding a simple fan to the pi4 yet to see how much of a difference that makes? I have active cooling added to my pi3 case with just a simple fan connected to the GPIO header to power it on. If it does improve the heat situation I would be interested in adding a safe power down option with integrated fan, like this.

Yeah I did.

It's a little bit warmer on these hot days but it never throttles.

A copper ram cooler is still one that sits real high from the board isn't it? I meant super simple fan mounted just above pulling air away from cpu, etc. Thanks for the feedback though.

I still can't find the Pi4 in stock. Even this cooling fan is out of stock

Sorry if this is a NOOBIE question but im new and learning. Are people using the Pie 4 using a separate case or are using it with the pinouts directly on the board directly into the main board?

It's not really big. It's one of those:

I didn't test it without any coolet

1 Like

I've got these, all from my local electronic store:

You would use it standalone either with a case or just "naked".
It's connection to the printer via a serial connection, most of the time via usb.

@jneilliii, Can you provide a link for that POWER BOARD image you posted, please?

@b-morgan:
Have a look here (Google image search)
https://www.pi-shop.ch/dockerpi-powerbodard
and this

Ooh, check out the Pimoroni Fan Shim in action: