Raspberry pi camera not working

Camera modelarducam 5 megapixels

**What is the problem?**no camera feed on octoprint page

**What did you already try to solve it?**I have set the camera "on" with Raspi-config I did the updates sudo update and sudo full upgrade but when I type in he raspistill -v -o test.jpg it says not found. I have checked the ribbon cable 4 times pi 4b plugged into center area blue to the usb side. no lights that I can see on the camera. I have the message on octoprint saying the (firmware broken) I performed the update to the double temp stuff.

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)octoprint version 1.4.2 0.18.0 Ender 3 with Creality silent board 4.2.7 raspberry pi 4b 5 volt buck converter to power supply on printer insured 5.0 volt output.

Could you upload the contents of /var/log/webcamd.log? When it says 'not found', could you paste the exact error message?

you would need to Walk me through that I am new to the 3d printing stuff.

The word logs is a link. Click it, and you get taken to an entry on the FAQ page that tells you exactly where to go and find these things. The fact that you have run raspistill -v -o test.jpg tells me that you might have already found the terminal of the Pi?

Here's the relevant section from the post about logs:

octoprint.log (441.0 KB)

not sure I did this correctly but I hope this can help!
I really appreciate the help!

is it common to have a raspberry pi camera not work out of the box ? the camera also says pi3 and I am running a pi 4 is this my problem?
pi camera from amazon $8 arducam 5 megapixels part number x000vgj8bl

thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Did you check the settings in /boot/octopi.txt? For my Arducam, I had to set:

camera="raspi"
camera_raspi_options="-fps 10 -x 2592 -y 1944"

The LED on my Arducam is apparently broken and doesn't light up (which is fine with me) but I do get video in OctoPrint.

Will try just as soon as I get octoprint to load... I did an update and can not figure out what I did wrong.
From octopi/local it tells me the server is currently not running.
Thanks for the reply!

Mine did not work too after I upgraded.

These are my logs. any advice?

Starting up webcamDaemon...

--- Configuration: ----------------------------
cfg_file: /boot/octopi.txt
camera: auto
usb options: -r 1280x720 -f 15 -d /dev/video0
raspi options: -fps 10
http options: -w ./www -p 8080

Explicitly USB device: /dev/video0

Found video devices:
/dev/video0
/dev/video1
/dev/video10
/dev/video11
/dev/video12
/dev/video13
/dev/video14
/dev/video15
/dev/video16
config file='/boot/octopi.txt':USB device was set in options and found in devices, start MJPG-streamer with the configured USB video device: /dev/video0

Camera model 046d:0825 is known to not work with -f parameter, stripping it out

Camera model 046d:0825 is known to not work with -f parameter, stripping it out

<13>Jan 24 20:24:05 root: Starting USB webcam
Checking for VL805 (Raspberry Pi 4)...

• It seems that you don't have VL805 (Raspberry Pi 4).
    There should be no problems with USB (a.k.a. select() timeout)
    Running ./mjpg_streamer -o output_http.so -w ./www -p 8080 -i input_uvc.so -r 1280x720 -d /dev/video0
    MJPG Streamer Version: svn rev: 3:160M
    ERROR: could not find input plugin
    Perhaps you want to adjust the search path with:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/plugin/folder

dlopen: libv4l2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Done bring up all configured video device

Goodbye...

What version of OctoPi is this?

The latest version octoprint 1.5.3.

I managed to solve this problem by running "make" and "sudo make install" on the mjpg-streamer.

Great that you got it fixed, but in the future don't get confused between OctoPi and OctoPrint. One is an operating system, the other is a Python program.