Raspberry Pi Camera Setup in latest Stable Octopi Build

Camera model:
Raspberry Pi Camera Rev 1.3

What is the problem?:
I'm unable to get any sort of stream from this camera to work.

What did you already try to solve it?:
I have tried changing a number of different settings but none of them have resulted in an image out of the camera. The camera is plugged in the correct way and the status light lights up when the pi is powered. Most of the tutorials I've found seem to reference parts of the Octopi.txt file that no longer exist so I suspect its simply a recent change in the way cameras are handled that I don't understand how to set up. "vcgencmd get_camera" returns "supported=1 detected=1, libcamera interfaces=0"

Any help appreciated!

Logs:
Google drive link as its quite long: webcamd.log

Additional information about your setup:
OctoPi 1.0.0 with Octoprint 1.8.6. Rasberry Pi model 3B+

The raspi mode does not exist anymore on the image you have installed, which is why those settings were removed from octopi.txt. The RPi cameras have worked in the usb mode for a while now, and the old driver that raspi used is no longer supported. Use usb mode and configure camera_usb_options.

So are you saying the only thing I have to do is uncomment the "camera_usb_options" line from octopi.txt and it should work?
I've just tried that line like this: camera_usb_options="-r 640x480 -f 10 -y" but it still doesn't seem to work.

I suggest that you visit https://github.com/OctoPrint/OctoPi-UpToDate/issues/2. Download and install the latest image referenced in that thread.

1. Do an OctoPrint backup on your (mostly) working image and download it.
  2. (Optional) If you have a USB SD card reader, use rpi-clone to make a copy of your existing image.
  3. Use RPi imager 1.7.3 to write the above image using the "gear" icon before clicking "Write" to set things like hostname, ssh, password, WiFi credentials, locale, etc.
  4. Boot the new image, connect with your browser, restore the OctoPrint backup.

Now test your camera v1.3 and see what happens. If it doesn't work, add a comment to the thread and someone should be able to help get the parameters correct. I had issues with my camera V2 and got them fixed with help from those following that topic.

Thanks, I'll give that image a go. Really no need to backup my existing one, I've already reflashed it and gone through the setup 3 times so I'm sure once more won't hurt! I'll write back once its complete and let you know how it went.

Ever figure this out? Pulled out an old printer that used to work and the camera isnโ€™t working :frowning:

I have been struggling to get a timelapse from my Octoprint using a Raspberry Pi camera v1 (ov5647). The Octoprint server says it can't find a camera feed. I believe it's the same issue as described above. My /boot/config.txt has the line dtoverlay=ov5647 so the system recognizes the camera and on the Raspberry Pi 4B 2GB command line I get a good feed ($ libcamera-hello -t 0 --rotation 180 --width 1296 --height 972). I tried changing the parameters on the /boot/octopi.txt from camera="raspi" to camera="usb" as hinted above, but nothing shows on the timelapse server.

Nope, never did work this out. I ended up just buying a cheap USB camera instead and its been working fine for me. I chucked the Pi Camera in my junk box assuming it was dead but now that I see others are having dramas too I might fish it back out and try it on its own (without octo-print) to see if it actually does work.

I decided to reinstall the whole thing from scratch, using this time the newest version of the Octopi OS with upgraded camera settings. Then, only changed the /boot/config.txt to include dtoverlay=ov5647 so that it recognizes the Raspberry Pi camera v1. Then it all worked out! I can now record timelapses and check the video feed coming from the camera inside the OctoPrint server window on the browser.