Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera

Hi everyone,

I installed the new Raspberry Pi HQ Camera on my Raspberry Pi 4 (1GB) and it goes unresponsive very often. If I restart the Pi it comes back up and it might be ok for hours or it might go unresponsive in a couple of minutes.

PD. If I restart octoprint in safe mode it works pretty good.

Logs please :wink:

Hi

I’ve the same problem- also rpi4 and hq camera.

My solution is switching to the old v2 camera.

I hope we can find a solution

I can't find any log file regarding webcam - is't because it's not a USB webcam, and where should we find the correct file?

cat /var/log/webcamd.log

Yeah that should be the right location.
So your v2 cam works but the hq cam doesn't?

Try to update the os with

sudo apt update && sudo apt -y upgrade

Both camera works, but the HQ camera gets unresponsive - just like mralbelo is writing...

Os is fresh updated - as the HQ doesn't work - picture is distorted if not updated

I also have the HQ Cam with 2 lenses .. it works under meye.
Under Octoprint it works not only with 16 colors in a poor resolution with constant image drops ????
Google Photos

So you did update the os?
Had some busy days and didn't test the hq camera specifically with octopi - but with mjpg streamer and it worked great for me.
I'll test it asap with octopi

just like me .. it's a shame I hope there will be a solution soon. Maybe it's because of the voltage or the data stream? Sometimes a picture comes for a short time but only for a very short time.

2019-09-26-octopi-buster-lite-0.17.0.img is installed, I have the small 8MP and the 160 ° Cam for the Pi they work with Octoprint only the HQ does not want to work. https://photos.app.goo.gl/QS9ZagNfzvEsR76t7

I don't know what I'm doing different because it works out of the box for me.
Used a fresh octopi 0.17.0 image on a pi 3+.
Even cranked it up to the max with

camera_raspi_options="-x 1920 -y 1080 -fps 30 -quality 100"

Let's see if it stays stable. I'll let it run for a few hours.

I suggest you look into your octoprint.log and check for any undervoltage or thermal throttling warnings.

thanks for the hint i will do. I use a Pi4 / 4GB and octopi-buster-lite-0.17.0 with the HQ Cam.

My Pi 4 is currently in a veeeerrrry beta state so I can't test the cam with it right now.
(beta bootloader, beta kernel, beta image :smiley: )

all well then I will pursue this further and have a look later. Nothing unusual can be found in the logs (no error message) when reconnecting and the image only appears in Octolapse for a short time, see video https://photos.app.goo.gl/F1cweAddkchkaS9d7

It seems like some pis need to update via rpi-update in order to get the cam working.

I suggest backing up octoprint before you run rpi-update in case anything goes wrong.