Raspberry Upgrade

What is the problem?

I recently got a Raspberry PI 4 as I have other plans for my Raspberry Pi 3. I thought it would have been easy to upgrade by just moving the SD card to the new raspberry, but it did not work, the Raspberry 4 does not boot. Is there anything that I can do to upgrade and keep the version I have running on my PI3 to my PI4 ?

What did you already try to solve it?

//

Have you tried running in safe mode?

//

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

//

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Hello @Marco1 !

To make a halfway precise answer, we may have to know what OctoPi version you have on that SD card.

Optimal would be the systeminfo bundel - this includes all valuable information.

You are right, I thought it would not depend on the version of Octopi I have since it works well with the PI3. I was running the 1.8.3, I have just tried again and installed the 1.8.4
The problem on the PI4 is that it does not even connect on the ethernet
octoprint-systeminfo-20221006211905.zip (79.1 KB)
octoprint-logs.zip (679.6 KB)

The build version of OctoPi absolutely makes a difference. The Raspberry Pi 3 is older than the Raspberry Pi 4, so usually it requires newer software.

You can update your image on your Pi 3 first, or just download a new image & use the backup/restore feature. Running sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade and then rebooting should make it work.

1 Like

excuse me Charlie, isnโ€™t 1.8.4 the latest version?

Of OctoPrint - yes.
But you need to update the underlying operating system :slight_smile:

Just login via ssh and run those two commands

If you need help with ssh connection, follow this guide

1 Like

Thanks guys,
I did not think about the OS :smiley: ahahahh stupid me!
thank you very much !
I never upgraded the OS since my first installation, somewhere ages ago :slight_smile:

thanks you all for the help!

Marco

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.