Razer Kiyo LED control

Hello,

I moved my printer to a dark cabinet and decided I needed a webcam to watch progress. I naively bought a Razer Kiyo as it had a built in light. It's plugged into my Pi, and cam is working, but of course I have no way to control the light. The Razer site says:

"The s ring light is automatically enabled when you launch a compatible camera or third party broadcasting software with the Razer Kiyo set as its capture device. You may then rotate the Ring light adjustment knob clockwise or counterclockwise to increase or decrease the brightness of the ring light as needed."

I need to find a way for the print to trigger the light coming on and off ideally. I am a programmer so I could probably try to modify a plugin to do this somehow, but if there is something existing that'll do this, or a plugin I could contribute to that'd make much more sense.

Has anyone any ideas how to get this working please? Or a recommendation for an active webcam plugin I could extend possibly. Hopefully you can send a command to the webcam for light on/off.

Cheers

Russ

I'm an idiot.

It works out of the box, you just need to turn the ring on the camera to turn it off/on.

Problem solved!

Whilst I'm here, in case someone googles this ...

You can disable autofocus on the Razer Kiyo with

v4l2-ctl -c focus_auto=0

and set the focus manually with a number between 0 and 250

v4l2-ctl -c focus_absolute=210

You can keep tweaking it whilst watching a print until you get it spot on :slight_smile:

You can use this to list all available commands

v4l2-ctl -l

Thanks for posting your findings. I have the same camera and the autofocus has been bothering me. Especially as I want to try OctoLapse. Where did you issue those commands to disable and dial in the focus value?

Thanks,
Riotz

I'll checkout OctoLapse.

I ran those commands direct on the OctoPi itself, when I telnet/ssh in. It seems to be a system level setting so OctoPi just displays whatever the system is set to do.

Cheers

Thanks, I got it dialed in!

Hello,

can you describe the LED control in more detail?

I have a Raspberry running Octoprint, I have connected the camera directly to the USB port.
The camera also works and I get a camera stream.

But when I go to the Octoprint page with a smartphone and go to the control tab, the LED does not turn on automatically.

I have to manually turn the ring on the camera.

Do you have a tip on what this could be?

Best Regards