Re installation error

What is the problem?
I get this erro after i manually deleted a old octoprint install ( 1 year old ) and install the latest from git.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/octoprint", line 5, in
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2876, in
working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 451, in _build_master
return cls._build_from_requirements(requires)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 464, in _build_from_requirements
dists = ws.resolve(reqs, Environment())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 644, in resolve
raise VersionConflict(dist, req)
pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (certifi 2016.09.26 (/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certifi-2016.09.26-py2.7.egg), Requirement.parse('certifi>=2017.4.17'))

What did you already try to solve it?`
I tried installing 3 times and got the same eroor

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, ...)

Corexy with repetier firmware dev branch

Hi @ekaggrat!

You did not tell us about the system you run OctoPrint on: Raspberry Pi, PC?
Was the old one a OctoPi installation? Was is installed to a another OS?

If you have a RasPi with OctoPi on it, it's more easy to reinstall the recent OctoPi and you have all up to date.

It’s a raspberry pi running raspbian . I need to run it along with a regular lcd so I had first installed octoprint after installing raspbian . It was working fine but I didn’t upgrade for over year being lazy . So now it refused to upgrade via the web upgrader . That’s why I deleted the octoprint directory completely and tried to install again though git . But now I get this error

Have you already tried to update/upgrade the Raspian installation before installing the recent OctoPrint?

If it were me, I'd get a new 8GB microSD card and install the new OctoPi image on it per the instructions.

1 Like

I had this problem and resolved it by manually updating that certifi library:

oprint/bin/pip install certifi -U
1 Like