Real Time Parameter Change

Hello there, can I change my printing speed, bed temperature, or layer thickness while a print is running using OctoPrint?

1 Like

Yes, you should be able to adjust bed temperature from the temperature tab. for speed you change the feed rate on the control tab.

Layer thickness is not adjustable in real-time.

2 Likes

I have tried... it don't work.

It does. I do it all the time

2 Likes

You are much better than I. :slight_smile:

Some slicers reset these settings to their values now and then

1 Like

Make sure when you change the temp, you click the check mark button next to it so it sends the new temp to the printer. Same with the feedrate

1 Like

And this is what the temperature offsets were built for. You can add an offset of +10C for example to make it that much higher than the slicer setting, and if the slicer regularly resets the temperature in the gcode file it will always remain 10C higher.

3 Likes

I know that. I assumed the discussion up to now was about absolute values.

Temperature offsets not working has been a regular question.
Previous answers include:

• Offset feature must be set before the print starts
  • Offset is not applied to manually entered target temperature
  • Offset is not applied if printing from SD Card
  • Offset is not applied if temperatures are sent via a macro

Any, all, or none of those answers may be true today.
(I'm using a RPi 4 to a Kingroon with Marlin that I compiled and the offset feature seems to work for me.)

1 Like

Wouldn't it be possible to pause a print - and inject the pcode directly to the printer via terminal oin octoprint to adjust the print (except for layer height).

I have seen mention of people slowing down the printer when they go to bed - to prevent an Italian printing mess - how do they do that if not by gcode?

In the control tab, you can adjust the "Feed rate" to change the print speed. Yes OctoPrint just sends the same gcode behind the scenes, but it abstracts this from the user.

1 Like