Recovery from a failed update to Python 3

What is the problem?

I used the script that Charlie Powell provided to update from Octoprint from Python 2.7 to Python 3. My SSH-session was terminated from the server right after I submitted my password to install Python-dev. Now my Octoprint installation does not start up.

What did you already try to solve it?

I tried the "backout script", after this I could not start Octoprint. Logging into SSH said tole me I have no Octoprint installed. I followed the manual installation instructions on the Octoprint website. Now, it's possible to manually start my server with "~ $ ~/OctoPrint/venv/bin/octoprint serve", but it does not automatically start.

After the new installation, all plugin data was lost. I have a good backup, so that would not be an issue. I rould however prefer not to set up Octopi from scratch, because I have Octoscreen and Klipper installed. Klipper was easy, Octoscreen gave me some headscratching.

Complete Logs

I don't know which to submit, will gladly submit anything.

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

Octoprint 1.4.2, Octopi 0.17, patched about a week ago. Octoscreen and Klipper are installed, too. The printer is a modified Ender 3 Pro with BTT Mini E3 V2 and Klipper firmware.

So if you head to your home directory (cd ~) and run ls do you see anything named like:

• oprint
  • oprint.bak
  • oprintFAIL.bak

Let me know what you have (paste the ls output here) and I'll work out the commands to run.

What you should be able to do is move this back to where it was before, hopefully it goes ok. Seems odd to me the SSH session terminated, that could be unrelated and down to some network problem or a problem with the Pi.

This is my ls-output:

Desktop
Documents
Downloads
go_back.py
klipper
klippy-env
liste.txt
mjpg-streamer
Music
OctoPrint
octoscreen_2.5-1_armhf.deb
oprintFAIL.bak
Pictures
printer.cfg
Public
scripts
Templates
upgrade.py
Videos
youtubelive

(just to check I'm looking at the right thing) could you run ~/oprintFAIL.bak/bin/python --version and let me know if it is Python 2 or 3?