Reinstalling OctoPrint

I have a FF Creator knockoff running Sailfish. OctoPrint 1.38 is running on a model B rev 2 rpi.
After working fine for months, OctoPrint is no longer moving any axis. through the OctoPrint interface I can set the temperature, but can't extrude filament or move the printhead or bed.

I tested the serial interface by connecting the printer to the usb port of my mac. I used ReplicatorG to move all the axis. No problems.

I want to reinstall OctoPrint from scratch. I want to save the settings I'm using before I reinstall. What are the critical files I need to save and reinstall?

OctoPrint 1.38, FF Creator knockoff running Sailfish, rpi model B rev 2.

when you use octopi then you have to save the

octoprint
.octoprint

folders in the pi user folder.
That should normally enough.

When you changed something in the config.txt for a camera then you have to backup this file, too.

I thought it was just the ~/octoprint folder area. Let me know if I'm wrong. On mine, there's something like this in the home folder:

• ~/.octoprint: All the configuration files, uploaded files, log files, print history, timelapses
  • ~/scripts: Any scripts that you might have added yourself like upgrade_help
  • ~/oprint: The area where all the virtual environment goes, assumed to be overcopied by the next version
  • ~/OctoPrint (note capitalization): Possibly left over from me doing some development work directly on the Raspberry Pi

If you have an LCD/TFT on the Raspi, then you'll likely want to backup the /boot/config.txt and /boot/octopi.txt files if you're blasting a new image from the OctoPi repository. It's also good to do the same for /boot/octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt in that same folder.

1 Like

Did you try reading/searching the FAQ's?

1 Like