Repeated restarts with Prusa MK3S MMU2S

What is the problem?

What did you already try to solve it?

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)

I am running the Octoprint 1.3.12, OctoPi 0.15.1 on a Raspberry Pi 3 connected via USB to a Prusa MK3S MMU2S firmware version 3.8.1 (1.0.6). Until recently I have been successfully printing with Octoprint and enjoying it. My first problem occurred a month or so ago when the MMU began acting up indicating there was not enough power to run the stepper motors. I checked and retightened connections and that problem went away. However, it was replaced by an extended cycle where the bed and extruder would go to temperature and begin the normal homing/bed leveling movements of the printer. During that time temperature in the bed and or the extruder would fluctuate 1-4 degrees. The extruder would reach starting position and the printer would reconnect with Octoprint and try to recover temperature. Then the whole process would start again. After many cycles Octoprint would stop and give an error message that there were multiple times the printer would request the starting code (or something) -- check logs and Terminal. I looked at both and cannot decipher. When I use the exact same Gcode on an SD card, the print goes perfectly. I suspect the problem is that the power supply to my printer is failing. I have consulted Prusa Support. They are trying to be helpful but have suggested I consult Octopi/Octoprint support. I find nothing like this in the forums so continue to believe the problem is with my printer.

Have a look here: I installed OctoPrint 1.3.12 or later and now my MMU2 doesn't work properly/the whole printer resets, how to fix this?

1 Like

How do I upload the logs?

Thanks. Problem solved!

1 Like